1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning BT-99 Plus Recoil Pad

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by pendennis, Aug 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pendennis

pendennis Well-Known Member

I own a Browning BT-99 Plus (the one with the adjustable butt plate/pad). I'm considering changing the recoil pad to something a little more current in design.

The current pad is a Browning-marked Pachmayr white line trap pad. However, there are no holes in the pad showing where the screws were mounted to the plate. I've probed without puncturing the pad. How were these mounted?

Is is possible that they were press-fit some way?

Thanks in advance.

Best,
    Dennis

2. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

Dennis, it will probably take some close examination but a small slit will exist in the pad where screws were inserted through the pad and into the metal butt plate. The spacing is consistent with most recoil pads. A number two phillips head round shaft screw driver with a little grease or vaseline on the shaft and a some probing should do the trick.

Robert

3. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

They're there. I swore up and down they weren't there too. Oil up a #2 Phillips and start pushing about 1/2 -3/4" from the top edge. If you're sure you're going to junk the recoil pad, you can always slice a chunk out of it to expose the screws.

4. JLW

JLW TS Member

Can you pass the screwdriver thru' the hole from the bottom?-Jerald

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
adjustable recoil pads for browning bt 99
browning bt 99 adjustable recoil pad
browning bt 99 recoil pad
browning bt 99 vented recoil pad
browning bt-99 plus recoil pad

browning recoil pads