1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning BT-99 Deal of Century!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Catching Chrome, Jan 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Catching Chrome

Catching Chrome Member

Well I was looking for a good deal on a BT-99 golden clays and man did I find one. Check this out. A guy on shotgun world alerted me to a "used one" for sale at a Gander Mt. in MS. He said it was $1799. We all the ones I looked at were at a minimum $2500. So I didn't much think about it. Well after being frustrated with my search I figured I'd call the Gander store in MS. They saud they still had it and hadn't had much interested because the price of a single barrel gun. I asked the guy about the condition. He said it was brand new. 34", adj comb, ported gracoil grade 5 wood, all the bells and whistles. He said it was a dealer demo but was sent back to browning for refurbishing. He said it was never fired etc. So I asked can you send to PA, they did and today I picked it up. Brand new not a mark, it was missing two choke tubes and the mannual. Not a problem I downloaded the manual and I have a 525 invector with all the chokes so I don't really need them. Here's the kicker, I will recieve the trade in rebate because it was never sold before and they knocked another $100 because they were missing the tubes. Out the door for a brand new BT-99 Golden Clays with Tax minus the rebate $1,630.

I'm so pumped. That is over $1800 off a new one......

2. headhunter

headhunter Well-Known Member

I'll give you 1650....

3. vegas blaster

vegas blaster TS Member

how bout a pic of your score... so we can all drool with ya.jk.

4. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

I never luck into any deals like that. But we still need pictures, or it didn't happen. Have fun with the new toy. Wayne

5. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

Sounds just like a first kiss I'm happy for you I know that feeling wish it would happen more often.

Buddy

6. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

You should ask them how much it was worth in trade. Lol. Watch them dig the book out and gasp.

ss

7. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

Chrome, how about this deal,,an absolutely brand new Browning XT Gold Citori 32" inv. plus 3 tubes with adj.comb, Gracoil and triple trigger system new test fired only. Original buyer bought it tested it put it back in the box and put it away since 2005 (MV) ser. # gun. $2700.00 included shipping. I think the cheapest I've seen them was $4000.00. I just got it yesterday and can't find a mark on it. The wood is awesome....

8. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

There's a guy in my 'hood who has some kind of unfired Ljutic he wants to sell for $500.00 Another guy in the 'hood told me about it, but keeps forgetting the other guy's name and where he lives. I keep asking, but the guy who knows is always into the wine, but an affable sort. He assures me, however that the deal will go down.

Just kidding, Congrats and "Karma" says you deserved a great deal. Enjoy!

9. Catching Chrome

Catching Chrome Member

My Trap Shooting Brothers Requested and here they are!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Catching Chrome

Catching Chrome Member

11. Catching Chrome

Catching Chrome Member

The best thing is I sold my 1976 BT99 for $1000, which I only paid $700 for about 6 months ago. Hopefully It will break some 25's for me...... Off to clean and adjust the new piece.

12. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

Chrome, have you figured out how to adjust the comb yet,,it appears you have to remove the Gracoil unit to get to the set screw,,

13. Catching Chrome

Catching Chrome Member

Yes, I have the pdf of the manual, I just finished adjusting to my specs. The only thing I need to get to is the screws to adjust the butt pad. There is no holes in the rubber but I know it is an adjustable.

14. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Guys,

Some of the best money that can be spent on a Browning with a factory comb is to get the hardware switched out with the conventional stuff. Brownings factory hardware is notorius for moving and not staying set.

ss

15. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

I was surprised to see no set screws on the comb,,,

16. Mr. D

Mr. D Member

That is a beautiful gun.

17. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

My New XT Gold Citori,,

18. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

Its been a good winter,,also acquired this new 33 year old TM-1,,,

Getting ready for spring,,,

Its -6 degrees here now, I think I'll wait a bit,,,,,

19. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Great deals are to be had you just need to search and be in the right place at the right time and make offers and see the responses.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.