1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning BT-99-AR

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by DHS, Oct 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DHS

DHS Member

I am considering purchasing a Browning BT-99-AR from Monsoor's Sport Shop. My plan is to install a PFS and a release trigger to help with a flinching problem. What is the opinion of this gun for my intended use and is this available at other gun shops that would be closer to my home.

2. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

Lynn Gipson has some at his location at the World Shooting Complex near Sparta, Ill.

3. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

They are nice but there is a fellow on here who goes by the handle Beretta Young Gun and he has a mint condition BT 99 Plus and it would be cheaper..worth more in the end..has the recoil reduction with adjustable LOP and adjustable comb(the GOOD one)...a much better investment if you ask me and the 99 Plus is much more handsome if that matters to you.....I put the link to the thread above

4. Beretta Young Gun

Beretta Young Gun Active Member

CalvinMD, you took the words right outta my mouth. Not to mention the new ARs are not build as strong as the older plus guns.

DHS, If you still want to take the PFS path you can install one on the plus with just a little modification to the trigger gaurd. I can also go ahead and have a release installed by one of the best release makers in ohio, Thurman Goble(ask any release shooter in ohio) for an additional $220. You won't have as much wrapped up in this gun as you would an AR and you will have a much better product.

PM me if your interested. BYG

5. DHS

DHS Member

I have a BT 99 plus that my son uses. I have shot it also and the recoil is still a problem so the reason for the PFS. A better option might be a standard BT 99 since I will not be using the stock and have a raised rib and barrel work separate to end up with what I want with the release trigger etc. What do all of you think about that or is there another option.

6. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Just find a Timney replacement recoil unit..also the stock one can be modified to have no detent and a nice soft spring..still going to end up with a much better gun with a lil work by going the 99 Plus route..If you gotta have the PFS just using a short tang trigger guard will get you there too...a very cheap mod

7. jimctrap

jimctrap Member

Ihave an bt99 ar with only 200 rounds gun is as new for sale 1700
    if interested
    jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

browning bt 99 ar

browning bt 99 ar for sale
browning bt 99 ar trap gun
browning bt-99 ar