1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning BT 100

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by bakergun, Mar 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bakergun

bakergun TS Member

Can some one tell me if parts are still available for the Browning BT 100? I am thinking of getting one for my wife. The reason I like the 100 over the 99 is the higher rib but most of all you can remove the trigger group with the push of a button. Also does any one know why they stopped making the 100.
    Pete

2. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Don't know why they quit making them but I have one for sale on this site.Don't know if they are all like this but I have an adjustable length trigger on mine. Bulge.

3. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I dont know if you are interested in Bulges gun or not but just an FYI- you wont find a more honest person to deal with than Mike

4. bakergun

bakergun TS Member

Barrelbulge
    I saw your gun and it looks fine but its for my wife and I was hoping to find one with a adjustable come and 32" barrels. I will keep yours in mine.
    Pete

5. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Baker, don't underestimate your wife. My daughter shoots with me once in a while and she shoots a 34" BT+. She is 5'4 and about 107 pounds. I suggest you look for a BT+ if possible as you have the adjustable rib, adjustable comb,adjustable lenght of pull, and it has the recoil reducer. Bulge.

PS: Thank you Lou, that was kind.

6. rodbuster

rodbuster TS Member

I will second that comment on Bulge, he is a straight up guy. If you are located in the Chicagoland area Baker , your wife is more than welcome to shoot my 34" BT100. That may be a good way to make a decision.

7. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Pete, just a quick heads up. Most women I have seen shoot need a adj. butt plate and maybe the comb as well. Recoil is also a issue for most women as well. You get all 3 with a PFS type stock. If you think you might need one of these for your wife, be sure to get a gun that one will fit. BT-99 is one of them and there are others. The BT-l00 is not one of them. Thought this might help you out. Good Luck and Break-em all. Jeff

8. soup

soup Member

PETE,
    Let your wife shoot my BT99 PLUS on Thursday. The rib on it is maybe a little higher than a 100-but alas no removable trigger group. Boy I wish it had one they would have sold a ton of them. I'll bet the trigger on the 100 alone was close to 700 to make.
    BILL

9. Bvr Tail

Bvr Tail Well-Known Member

Not trying to hi-jack his thread, but what is an as-new BT 100 34" gun worth? Still has sticker on bbl.

10. Porcupine

Porcupine Active Member

Bvr Tail,

I just bought a BT-100 (blued finish) for $1500, including a Browning hard case and original box, chokes, papers, etc. I think that was a fair price. If I had wanted a stainless BT-100 bad enough, I'm sure I would have paid at least $2300 for a comparable deal.

LA in MA

11. Trapshooter01

Trapshooter01 TS Member

I have A BT100 and love it Have bought a few other trap guns and keep going back to my BT. Parts are still available recently bought a new firing pin and spring directly from Browning. Also lost the front bead off mine, called Browning and they sent a new one at no charge. Bought mine almost new 500 hundres rounds through back in 2000 or 2001 paid $1100.00 for it including hard Browning case

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
bt100 clays browning trap

browning bt 100

browning bt 100 trap gun

browning bt100 forum
browning trap guns bt-99 and bt-100
browning trap shotguns bt 100
does browning bt 100 shoot high
original cost of browning bt100