1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning Broadways???

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by southjblue, Jan 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

The old B-Ways---Are they still active???George@SJB

2. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

I still have mine. Have not shot it in a couple of years.

3. slowdp

slowdp TS Member

I sold a Broadway to a guy who loves it and shoots it every week.

I also have an extremely engraved and inlaid Broadway with 2 barrels if you are looking for one.

4. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

slowdp----Post a pic----Bet it's a beauty---SJB

5. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

And put it in the "For Sale" section, please.

6. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Barry----Why post if they aren't active anymore---Maybe I was thinking of buying not selling---???SJB

7. Barry C. Roach

If you have something to sell just follow the rules. I don't know what being active means.

8. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Yes, they are still active...

9. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

Great gun dated a little but hi quality and lots of them being shot to this day. They have thin barrels by todays standards and tight bores that make fit real important for recoil purposes. No back boring those barrels but if you can shoot one they are a wonderful shooting classic gun. The last John Browing design finished by his son around 1932. Early guns had double triggers I purchased a 12 gage in the 1960's they were 315.00 new. No I do not have it but as you all know I wish I kept it.

10. cpd544

cpd544 Member

I shoot my Broadway every week and love it, it dusts the targets and the wide rib is great to shoot with. I shot one of these in the 60's as a kid and fell in love with it but could not afford one mowing yards and detasseling corn. Looking down that rib was like looking at a BB on a 6 lane highway. Browning also had one of the nicest finishes on the guns. I used my Grandpa's single shot JC Higgins to shoot trap for years, it had a hollow plastic stock, no sight bead, and kicked like a mule. I always wanted a Broadway but just got mine a couple of years ago, it locks up tight and looks like new. I realize they are pretty dated these days with all the high end guns out there but there is just something special about the old Brownings.
    Jim

11. Barry C. Roach

I loved mine. I had a later model built in 1976. Mechanical triggers and ugly wood. It shot so well that the current Browning Service Manager wanted it so I sold it to him. He had it converted to release/release and still shoots it today.

12. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Still shooting my 1970 B'way. Paid $540 for it NIB in 1970. The receiver is the only original part on it as along the way I changed the stock & the 30" barrels to 32". Guaranteed it has more 100 straights in it than I'm capable of.
    Great gun with never a problem.

Flush out the gunk in the receiver once a year and relube and it's kind of like a Timex watch, takes a licking and keeps on ticking.

Eric

13. broadwaybill

broadwaybill Member

I purchased mine in 1966. have had many other W,R,I,and P guns they are gone but I still have the Broadway.

I guess that pretty much says it all.

Fifteen two and a pair is four.

Happy New Year,

Bill

14. Martinpicker

Martinpicker Active Member

Wish I had one to "activate"! Shot one that belonged to a buddy back in the seventies and just loved it! I, too, loved that big old wide rib! Jack

15. the old guy

the old guy TS Member

I have 4 Broadways: A Diana Grade that I've been shooting since '71, a Grade I that's for sale and an FN D3. The 4th is a Pigeon Grade Win 101 stocked by Fred Wenig and checkered by Terry Howard. Magnificent gun. It's also for sale. The Grade I has Grade II wood. It was tightened up and had new pins and springs put in in '08 by Art Isaacson. The barrels were honed and trued by Stan Baker many years ago. Lots of people bust my chops and tell me I should have a Perazzi because when the springs break you can replace them on the spot. I say buy a Browning and the springs never break. I've been shooting bunker trap since '76 with the Diana and have more straights with it than any other. I shot a pair of straights with it in St.Moritz in '02 and people couldn't believe I did it with a Browning. PM me if you want pics of the Grade I.

16. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

'71 here. Don't shoot it much since I got my 682 several years ago. One of these days I'll send it out for a rebuild. She's never going to be sold though.

17. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

I shot a friends Broadway in 1967 at Banish's trap range in New Albany Ohio, It was owned by Robert Smith, That gun and Bob Smith got me interested in trapshooting so I bought a brand new Remington 1100 from Smith Bros Hdw. wholesale, shot it until I purchased a Nice Broadway from a jeweler at Delaware gun club for $400 it was almost new, I won a lot with it, then switched to a Model 12, I still have lots of memories of that Browning Broadway. Since that Broadway I have owned over a 100 trapguns. I have had em all P guns, r guns, k guns, seitz guns, alfermans, Franchi guns, SKBs, Caesar Guerini's, Fabarms XLR5, Browning Un-single, is the latest, w/rib modified to shoot higher, and weight added for balance, plus a Thurman Gobel release trigger.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

18. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

Mine is a '79 ST-100....not technically a "broadway" although the rib is as wide, but of course it has the adjustable POI feature. I just got a new locking block fitted last year...only service done to the gun after 50K rounds through it. I've been shooting it since I bought it NIB in 1980 for $3750. It will be passed down to my son when I cash out....

Ron

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.