1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning Broadway

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by thedemoguy, Mar 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thedemoguy

thedemoguy TS Member

What is your guestiment as to the value of a 1960 Browning Broadway 12ga O/U Trap Presentation grade in about 90%...

Thanks
    Bill

2. Bawana

Bawana TS Member

$1000.00 or less.

3. WarEagle2017

WarEagle2017 Active Member

I have a friend that is looking for one right now, but $1100.00 is his max. If you care to sell it for that amount, consider it sold. Pics would be necessary.
    Drop the XXX's

4. Bawana

Bawana TS Member

remember he said 90%.

5. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

Presentation grade

Ups the ante a little.

Rock

jim

6. thedemoguy

thedemoguy TS Member

You should see the engraving on this gun, it has 5 guys on one side standing at a trap field in different stages of trap low gun to high gun, on the other side it has a guy shooting at a live pigeon with 2 cages at his feet, on the top lever there is a pigeon in flight, all surrounded with heavy engraving.

The wood is very nice and is deeply engraved, the butt pad has been changed but looks good.

Bill

7. rodbuster

rodbuster TS Member

Any chance of seeing some pics? What is the barrel length?

8. PA101_guy

PA101_guy TS Member

A Belgian Superposed Presentation in any grade is going to be worth considerably more than a grand....even at 90%. Depends on the wood, is it signed by the engraver ?...gold ?.....pics would help a lot.

KEEP SMOKIN' EM.... Dave

9. KS-OKIE

KS-OKIE TS Supporters TS Supporters

Bill: Are you sure about the 1960 date ? The Browning BROADway in F-1,Pigeon, Pointer,Diana,& Midas grades were not introduced into the Browning full line catalog untill 1963.I have one of the pocket size catalogs announcing the new BROADway ribs,that is dated spring 1963.I own a 1963 32in Diana choked F/F that shoots dead on that my father used to shoot crows with.Perhaps a presentation or custom shop gun may have been avaiable with a BROADway rib prior to mass production.Over the years I have owned and shot alot , two other 1963 F-1`s.Please feel free to correct me on this if my thinking is in error.KS-OKIE.

10. thedemoguy

thedemoguy TS Member

A friend is looking at the gun to buy, he will shoot it tonight if he doesn't take it I may, the book that comes with the gun shows it to be a 1960 with a lifetime guaranty from browning of Belgium germany...
    The Broadway rib has a crack in it about 2 inches from the receiver but it has nice gold and silver inlay, and the wood is beautiful.

Bill

11. thedemoguy

thedemoguy TS Member

S/N 88175 1961 Ya Belgium, I believe that's in Germany...

Bill

12. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

Bill,

Belgium and Germany are two different countries.

13. Ken X

Ken X TS Member

Once when I said I was going skiing in Vermont, a woman said "thats in Colorado isn't it?" Same thing. True story.

14. thedemoguy

thedemoguy TS Member

Never thought about it...lol thank you for bringing that to my attention.

Now that I've had my geography lesson, do you have an idea of the value of this gun, definitely not what some of these guy are saying.

Read the description, I have all the new books and the only thing I can come up with is that it was a custom ordered gun.

Bill

15. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

Presentation grades from P1 thru P4 in 90% condition range from about $2000 to $6000 for a P4 with gold inlays. These grades were not introduced until the late 1970's but may shed some light. Pictures and a serial number would probably help. There usually is a special prefix on Presentation guns. JP

16. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

Bill,

i have no idea of it's value. my broadway is a '71 vintage that i shoot. have you tried looking on gunsamerica, or gun broker to find one similar and see what they're going for?

brett d.

or call art and see what he thinks?

17. thedemoguy

thedemoguy TS Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

browning p4 broadway