1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning Broadway vs Browning Citori

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by cainblack2004, May 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cainblack2004

cainblack2004 TS Member

Is there a major quality difference between these two guns? I understand the Broadway was made in Belgium and the Citori was made in Japan. If so, what are the differences? Also, in what year did they stop making Broadways and start making Citori's? Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Jason

2. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Both nice guns but one sells used for around $1,500.00 the other $1,500.00 used ??????????????????????

3. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

If I were a collector I would choose the Superposed but as a shooter my pick is the Citori, the rib doesn't get loose and come off and the misfires on the bottom barrel were mostly cured. My opinion only others will disagree.

4. swamp rat

swamp rat TS Member

I have a very nice 72 model broadway for sale if interested. 1295.00 + shipping

5. Porcupine

Porcupine Active Member

I have found that the Browning Broadway has more of its weight distributed up front so that when I shoot a Citori, I find it to be a tad barrel-light, too easy to swing beyond the target. I suppose if I shot a Citori exclusively, I would find the Broadway a bit barrel-heavy. They are both superb trap guns, nevertheless.

LA

6. JH

JH Well-Known Member

Materials: Advantage Superposed
    Workmanship: Advantage Superposed
    Reliability: Advantage Superposed
    Fit and finish: Advantage Superposed
    Features: Advantage Citori (chokes)

You have a choice...old school with supreme workmanship (Superposed) or cheapened with more features (Citori)......Broadway Traps seldom ever have loose ribs....

7. phirel

phirel TS Member

I like the old Browning Superposed. I have no good reasons for preferring it over the new Citori. I like looking down a Broadway rib when I just pick one up to look. I hate shooting with a Broadway rib. It is very easy to shoot off the corners of the wide rib.

Pat Ireland

8. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

To me there is something special knowing the gun was handmade and produced in Belgium, that the G1s simple engraving was hand done. I have an S5 gun - 1965 30" BroadWay...

It seemed to many to be plasphemy (sic?!), but I had Briley replace the IM/F and put in a set of thinwalls years ago and I have since used the gun for everything from Trap, Skeet and Sporting as well as take it afield for upland.

Its a nice gun, never a 2nd thought about its purchase...

Jay

9. jsteenson

jsteenson Member

if you break a superposed,it requires handfitting of parts,a Citori is CNC machined and often requires little if any fitting. A big plus in a gun that shoots a lot.
    Jack

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

browning broadway

browning broadway shotgun

browning broadway trap

browning broadway trap review
browning broadway trap shotguns
browning broadway trap value
browning superposed broadway trap
browning superposed lightning broadway trap