1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning broadway trap a good choice for doubles??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by amitte, Mar 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amitte

amitte TS Member

Browning Broadway Trap for doubles. Pros and cons please.
    thank you Al.

2. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

The only con would be that you can't change the chokes. Beside that nothing.

3. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

There has been a trillion doubles shot with the BB trap

4. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

I love mine. I shoot a Perrazi 2000 mostly, but I love my Broadway. Charlie

5. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

One of the best ever.

6. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

I have shot a Browning Superposed ST-100 for 32 years...it's rib is as wide as a Broadway but with adjustable POI....same B-25 action as the Broadway...superb doubles gun. FYI, the Legendary Britt Robinson always carried his Broadway as a back-up to his K-80. He was shooting it when he shot on my squad in 1990 at the MT. State Shoot.

7. xringjim

xringjim TS Member

Well, put a softer pad on it. And get one made with mechanical triggers. And, when you end up beating all your buddies shooting those 10k guns just don't make 'That face" as you walk away with a better score. They know. But people will always be inclined to pay for a better score. Heck, they are great guns. But, in the end, it comes down to natural ability. Every gun I ever shot, had a straight barrel. The only difference I ever had was if I was really upset with my wife or girl. Shot bad, worse than usual. But hey, isn't that a better excuse than the wind blowing? Ahh, you guys don't care. I'm still going to see you on the line and me with my BB trap. Hey, your good. I'm good. Well, as Dirty Harry once said: Do ya feel lucky punk? Be afraid. Be very afraid! lol Jim

8. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Hey X. You might want to stay off the Red Bull.

9. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

I started trapshooting with one. I wish I still had it. Its a great gun and will serve you well. Buy it and you will not be sorry.

10. 1964_Superposed

1964_Superposed TS Member

Had mine since 1964, love shooting the gun, love the compliments from people who know guns.

11. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

I had a beauty,and put it up F/S on TSs and it sold within 4 min. to MIA---What a mistake I made---Tried to buy it back many times but no luck---Then found another with 32"bbls and mec triggers---It's at Allems right now getting release put in---Haven't shot it yet but can't wait---Allem's have a 2 mo waiting pd---Asked Nancy to fit me in the cracks and she said all the cracks are full---I shoot mostly K-Guns but when I was young the B-Way was my gun and made a-lot of great scores with it---Browning had to stop making them because of cost and were all hand mfg---I just love the superposed---I still use one for hunting(26@1/2" bbl)---Killed a-lot of stuff with that one and it will be with me when I die----gL and buy one just to have it around---George@SJB

12. plux001

plux001 Member

Amazing guns...and getting hard to find, especially in 32". REALLY tough to find one that hasn't been fussed with. Hand fit and operates like a dream, a gun no one could afford to make today. And at current prices, buy one and keep it for good. Just a fine gun.

Paul

13. Allen-MX8

Allen-MX8 Member

Well, this thread has just given me an idea! I have a Browning Broadway that has not been shot hardly any at all (about 99% perfect I think)and I can't seem to find a buyer for it, at my price at least.

Therefore, I think I will start shooting doubles with it as it has 30 inch barels and my MX-8 has 32 inch barrels.

So what, I might lower the value a bit by shooting it, but its my gun and I think I will try some doubles with it and see if my scores are any better than with the MX-8.

Thanks, Allen

14. amitte

amitte TS Member

thanks for all the input guys it really made the choice easier.
    al

15. RunGunIPSC

RunGunIPSC TS Member

I use a 30" Lightning model which has the narrow rib. I like the narrow rib,especially for a one eye shooter. It has Kolar mechanicals & Wilkinson bbls set for Gold Medal EL factory loads. It is otherwise as from the factory & very low recoil. I would suggest a 32" bbl with the narrow rib. Yes I have my choice of my K & P guns & the Ljutic Bi that I own,but this one is the equal of any. I think they are a much better made & handling gun than the same in a Citori,heresy that that is.

16. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

mia_2008_0303204.jpg
    And this is the Allem release
    mia_2008_0303205.jpg

The 72 to 77 guns were mechanical triggers. But the inertia triggers worked fine too.

There are a couple of nice grade VI on the forum for sale right now. Minnapolis GC has a Doozy.

17. cpd544

cpd544 Member

I have a 32" Broadway with mechanical triggers and love it. It is un-molested except for the replacement butt pad.

18. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Jack---That sure is a nice looking gun----George@SJB----

19. mark54

mark54 Member

I bought a new Broadway 32" in 1962 for $365 & still have it. I won the Lancaster County Hi Resident Doubles trophy in 1972 with it. I am going to get buried with it. lol

mark54 in Lititz

20. cpd544

cpd544 Member

I have a 1972 Broadway factory fixed chokes and love it, all I have had to do is replace the springs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

browning broadway trap