1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning Broadway loose rib.

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by coyote268, Feb 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coyote268

coyote268 TS Member

At the range today a friend of mine noticed the rib on his Browning was coming loose. Who would be the right person to fix this problem. He doesn't want to send it to browning as he's 78 years old and figures he could expire before he got it back from them. Suggestions??? Thanks in advance. Dan

2. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

Art's or Midwest also.

brett d.

3. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Arts is the place. He resoldered the rib on mine. Took about a month.

Eric

4. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Gently pry up the loose part and insert toothpicks to maintain whatever gap you can create. Clean the barrel and under the rib with rubbing alcohol. Buy a tube of hightemp Permatex RTV gasket maker at you local auto supply store, about $5.00. Squeeze the RTV into the gap, LIGHTLY clamp, rubber bands work fine, so as to maintain a film of RTV between the barrel and the rib. Wait 24 hours and shoot from now on. Same thing happened to my 101 about 10,000+ rounds ago. DO NOT use epoxy of any type as it does not maintain the flexibility to handle the recoil vibrations or the heat. Resoldering/reblueing is not necessary.

5. coyote268

coyote268 TS Member

Great idea, we'll try this first. My friend thanks you for the tip.
    Dan

6. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

I should have tried that with my wife's Lightning. It took Browning 7 months, but they did a good job for $250.

Buz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.