1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

browning bps trap

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by maclellan1911, Jul 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Anyone shot one of these? Any good for first NEW trap gun?
  2. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Mac',

I've been shooting mine for over a year now and absolutly love it. The POI is about the same as a new 99. The only things that need to be addressed on the gun is the trigger(way to hard of pull for me) and an adjustable comb. I also added a pad adjuster to mine and a 3/8" HPI add on rib to get my head up. The BPS Trap is the best buy out there on a new trap gun, hands down. Everyone that has shot mine likes it very much, and a couple of guys have even bought themselves one.

ec90t
  3. goose2

goose2 Active Member

I have a new one that I was going to sale because none of my kids could hit jack crap with it. So I decided to keep it and have an adjustable comb put on it and now my 14 year old loves the gun. As soon as we got it adjusted for him it was lights out. I agree. After you get them set up. Its hard to beat the gun for the money. I am sure glad I had no takers when I was going to sale it.
  4. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I have some one intrested in shooting trap, they are used gun shy. Trying to point him in a good direction. Hes been digging up all sorts of guns I never seen huglo the stoeger competition and a few other sporting models for about the same money. I told him to at least check this out.
  5. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Mac'
    If the new shooter buys a new model and not one of the shot show guns, loading has been simplified. They now have a selector on the magazine tube so you don't have to fight the carrier.

ec90t
  6. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

maclellan1911

Suggest a Remington 1100 trap, or a Beretta 3901 trap gun.
  7. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Timb99,

Can you buy one new for $550.00?

ec90t
  8. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Probably not. Used? Yes.

But in my mind, especially for a new shooter, the 1100 is a better choice.

Opinions may vary...
  9. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Timb99,

From reading the posts, The new shooter doesn't want to buy anything used and is going to spend in the neighborhood of $500.00. The BPS Trap is far and away the best gun in this price area.

Not taking away from the 1100 or the Beretta as both are nice guns. The BPS just comes in at a better price and is amberdexterous to boot!

ec90t
  10. wolfram

wolfram Active Member

I am a big fan of the BPS and use 20 gauge and a 28 gauge BPS gunsfor skeet. They are very smooth and point well. The BPS is at its best as field gun. I really like the location of the safety (top rear of reciever) which makes the gun truly ambidexterous. (I'm a lefty) The only down side would be single loading the conventional BPS where the shell needs to go through the magazine instead of just dropping a round into the chamber and closing the slide. A few rounds of trap will get you use to loading the BPS in short order. The MSRP of $550 makes the BPS a best buy in my opinion.
  11. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

At this point he would like to stay under 700.00 total. Ive told him to consider several used guns. He just doesnt buy used, anything. Just how he is.
  12. goose2

goose2 Active Member

With new bps trap (witch I own) you do not have to run the shell threw the magazine to load it. They have a selector on the gun that you can either select single load or the normal way. When the single mode is chose you don't have to mess with the carrier. God hell my 14 year old does just fine with it and shoots very well I mite add. I am quite sure the bps will be very dependable along with the others mentioned. The bps will be the least amount of money also. good luck with your choice.
  13. chc

chc TS Member

How does the BPS compare with one of the new 870 trap models? Aside from the wood, is the mechnical quality in the same ballpark? Out of the box, does it shoot higher, lower, about the same? How is the trigger?
  14. goose2

goose2 Active Member

I will tell you what my bps trap shot wright out of the box. It comes with a monte carlo stock (witch I do not like) The gun out of the box shoots high. With the monte carlo stock I can not get my line of site down the barrel like I like. I had a friend of mine put an adjustable comb on and now the whole family can hit with it. We all like a flat shooting gun. Out of the box the bps will shoot high. If you like a gun to shoot high then this will def. work for you. The action is silky smooth and my 14 year old says recoil is not bad at all. good luck with your dec.
  15. chc

chc TS Member

Thanks goose2.
  16. Big Dave

Big Dave Member

After reading so much about them i had to buy one, actually three. Two shot show specials, a regular length and a ladies/youth, both new in the box. I have not put either together. The other is a 1978 trap model with the mag cut off, it's not new but it is in the box. They appear to be well made, come up nice and feel good. I doubt if I will ever shoot any of them, but a SCTP shooter might.

Big Dave
  17. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

BPS TRAP youth? what are the demensions?
  18. goose2

goose2 Active Member

If you go to Brownings web site it will tell you the dimensions. It is called a Bps trap micro. If I am not mistaking it is around 1 inch shorter in the stock area.
  19. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Mac',

The youth model also has a 28" barrel instead of the 30".

ec90t
  20. Big Dave

Big Dave Member

Take a look
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
bps micro midas could it be used to teach trap

bps trap

bps trap review
bps trap reviews

browning bps trap review