1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning BPS Trap Stock from Midwest Gun

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Rick Barker, Nov 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

My trap stock for my BPS came today. I got it mounted and fits quite well, except it has a slight right hand cast, which is not much good for a lefty. I was surprised to see it came with a pad, already fitted (the website of Midwest says you have to fit the pad on the stock) and the wood has some fancy figure (unlike typical Browning) and is quite attractive. With the 32 full barrel and 6 inch receiver, this gun has a heck of a sighting plane. I bought this gun new when they first come out either late 70's or early 80's, I don't remember but used it only a couple of times. Going to take out tomorrow to the trap range and see what I can do with it.

2. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Rick,

You can use the cardboard from a shell box to shim the stock as needed. Don't get to carried away though as you can cause a bit of damage to the shoulder where it meets the receiver.

ss

3. Rick Barker

I cannot remember who it was who set the original thread asking about buying a BPS trap stock, ( I am thinking it was "seniorsmoke" ) but want to thank whoever put us on to Midwest and anyone else that wants to put a trap stock on a BPS field, I think this is this is a reasonable way to go.

4. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

You're welcome.

ss

5. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

rich:
    i presently have 2 browning bps traps guns. both stocks are right handed and i am left handed. i have never seen a bps trap stock with left hand cast. on remingtons i cut a piece of cardbord and place it to the right of where you mount the gun. what this does is give you left hand cast. now with the browning bps, i cut a piece of velcro the thinner piece and stick to the right side, reason for velcro, the browning is cut different and usuing velcro it will not shift at all when the stock is on. if the gun shoots to high, put a piece of velcro on the top area and it will lower the stock.
    steve balistreri

6. Rick Barker

senior smoke..........

I trimmed the wood on the left side of the stock behind the reciever and it moved it over just a little, but with what cast is there, it isn't much to worry about in this case. I shot the gun today at 16's and from the 27 and it just hammered the targets. I am thinking about putting a new rib on it, but maybe later. I would most likely have to put an adjustable comb on it as well if I change the rib. But for right now, some casual shooting, just to shoot something different once in a while, this will be a fun gun to shoot.

7. senior smoke

Rick:
    i am a rem 870 trap gun collector. i also find the bps trap a good gun that hits targets with absolute authrority. being left handed, i like bottom ejection. there has really never been a bottom ejection gun to my knowledge, that the trapshooting fraternity fell in love with. thats good, because you can usually pick up a bps trap in used condition for a real fare price. i was thinking of also purchasing a trap stock from midwest, they sure look like original browning bps trap stocks, atleast in the picture. good luck with this gun, it's fun to shoot.
    steve balistreri

8. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

Steve: I'm a Lefty also. I just bought shortshucker's BPS he had listed on here. Looking forward to seeing it tomorrow. Did you see the NIB Rem 1100 left hand trap gun on GunBroker.com? Tempting. I'm curious to see how high she goes. Dave T.

9. senior smoke

dtrykow:
    did not see it. i have owned around 10 left hand rem 1100 trap guns, for some odd reason they always seemed to break down more than the right hand versions????????
    steve balistreri

10. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

I usually only shoot my 1100 for singles so it's been fine for that. My Left-handed Rem 1100 20 ga never works right. Haven't had the time to tinker with it. Dave T.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
bps trap receiver
browning bps shims gun fit
browning bps stock for sale

browning bps stock shims

browning bps trap stock

changing comb on bps trap
how to take off browning bps stock
trap stock for browning bps