1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning BPS Trap--anyone shooting one?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Colonel Reb, Feb 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Colonel Reb

Colonel Reb TS Member

How do the new production Browning BPS trap models perform?

2. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

i have an old bps trap made in the 70's and i also have a new bps trap purchased from a guy who won it in a raffel. the old gun had a monte carlo stock and a tight fixed full choke. it has a great barrel on it. on the new bps trap, it seems anyone who shoulders the gun, says the monte carlo stock fits them? the barrel has choke tubes and hits the targets very hard. the new gun has less recoil. i like both guns because i am left handed. there is one big problem. should you decide to trade in the gun, most dealers will give you a low amount, because they say very few shooters like bottom ejection. some dealers will refuse to even take them on trade for the same reason. they say there has never been a bottom ejection gun that has really become popular with trapshooters. both guns pump very smoothly. DO NOT TAKE THE TRIGGER OUT TO CLEAN. LAST TIME I DID THAT, IT TOOK ME OVER 6 HOURS TO GET IT BACK IN THE GUN. the trigger is a good trigger, but once you take it out, forget it. i would purchase a new one if you want to keep it. if you think you will trade it in or sell it to someone else in the future, forget it, you will lose money on the deal.
    steve balistreri

3. nailer123

nailer123 TS Member

My 14 old daugter shoots one .we hand to bend the barrol 20% for her .I have shot the gun mybe 200 rounds. I like it now that we had it bent i still shoot just below the target. But i look kinda fun with that purple recoil pad.You can't beat the price i gave 498.00 with her school descount.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.