1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

Browning BPS rib- roll pin

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by skeet_man, Mar 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Have a friend with a fairly new Browning BPS. After a few months of shooting, the roll pin that holds the rib in place @ the muzzle fell out, and subsequently sheared the front bead off.

Does anyone know what size this roll pin is, or have a browning part # for it? Brownells, Midwest, and Browning itself doesn't show this part on its schematics.

Is there a more perminent way to fix this problem, short of tack welding the rib in place? It seems to be a common problem w/ BPS guns, and that its only a matter of time before the roll pin falls out again...
  2. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

I found a small roll pin at the hardware store for the one at the breech end.The front of the rib is held on by the screw that attaches the sight. You can get those roll pins to stay put if you use a little locktite. I like the red stuff for this application as I doubt it will be anything that will ever be removed.

If the hole has been oblonged any, you'll need to drill oversize and use the appropriet size pin. Otherwise this will be a never ending problem.

ss
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.