1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning BPS info ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by nevin, Feb 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nevin

nevin TS Member

Has anybody had any expierence with this shotgun(Bps 12ga.) for trapshooting? The used one I'm looking at has a 30" barrel, raised stock, and invector chokes.
    Thanks,
    Nevin

2. Browning Boy

Browning Boy Member

I shot trap with a friend who had 2 of them. There a little strange with the bottom eject and loading, but just as soild as an 870 trap gun. He didn't seem to have any major repairs to them.

George Ware

3. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

I am a big fan of the BPS but I think these guns are at their best in the field. The guns are well made and they shoot well but the bottom eject is difficult to single load for many people. Something more mainstream like an 870 Remington or better yet a M12 Winchester would probably be a better choice for the trap game.

4. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

A friend of mine uses a BPS for trap without any problems. There was a thread a while ago about the Ithaca Model 37 which loads the same way as a BPS. Look at the link shown above.

5. ec90t

ec90t Guest

I have a couple of BPS's and one of them is a trap model. My trap is from the 80's and has a selector, much like the new ones, to help ease loading of single shells. These are great shooters and recoil is mild for a light weight gun. The 30" barrel is plenty up to the task of trap shooting even back at the fence.

BTW, there is nothing more fun than shooting doubles with a pump gun!

All Good,

ec90t

6. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

Would NOT trade my BPS Trap for any other pump gun! It's THAT good!

AndyH

7. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

bps trap is a great gun. the one i had was a smoke pole.
    steve balistreri

8. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

If your looking new perchase The browning is tough to beat only other is the 870 trap wich you will pay several hundred more for.

BPS trap safty ontop of reciever. bottom eject, mag cut off. check them out ablesammo had them for 589.00 a while back?

9. nevin

nevin TS Member

Thanks for the comments, I'm going to try one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.