1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning Belgium..should I buy "em?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by cynergystan, Oct 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cynergystan

cynergystan TS Member

Browning Belgium..should I buy

Saw a "pair" of Browning Belgium semi-auto's. A Light 12 ga.and a "Sweet 20". The 20ga appears to be in very good condition. The 12 has a some dings in the stock and 2 scratches/gouges on the barrel. Mechanically they appear to be good. The butt plates are original and show considerable wear, chips, dings and scratches.
    The 20 has a vented rib. Neither has any chokes.All metal appears to be clean and in very good condition (except for the barrel of the 12). Are they worth $750 for the pair? Would appreciate your thoughts.

2. cynergystan

cynergystan TS Member

Doesn't any one have any thoughts on this thread?

3. TOLIPNUG

TOLIPNUG TS Member

PROBABLY WORTH THAT OR MAYBE A LITTLE MORE FOR THE 20GA. KICK LIKE A MULE, BUT A GREAT GUN-BEEN AROUND FOR ABOUT 60 YEARS AND ARE STILL BEING MADE IN JAPAN UNDER THE BROWNING NAME- THIS IS ALL ASSUMING THEY ARE AUTO-5'S

4. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Sounds close to me for the condition for a couple hunting guns. The 20 would interest me more than the 12 for a hunting gun though. Individual/shop? Hap

5. handlepuller

handlepuller Well-Known Member

I'd buy them for that.

6. code5coupe

code5coupe Well-Known Member

I see nothing special about a Browning made in Belgium verses a Browning made in Japan or Portugal.
    Sounds like a good price on the shotguns, providing you like the guns. I wouldn't buy them for their "collector value", however.

7. MX/MT

MX/MT TS Member

I'm not a fan of the A5's, that sounds like maybe priced a little high for 'shooters'.

You can always check Gunbroker or Gunsamerica for prices, though they are usually on the high side. Also some of the dealers that sell a lot of older Brownings.

8. cynergystan

cynergystan TS Member

Thanks for your responses and assistance. I don't see either of them being a very good trap or skeet gun. In that it is doubtful that they will appreciate in value, I will probably pass on them and find something else to clutter up a closet.

9. hawkdriver75

hawkdriver75 TS Member

When you say that "Neither has any chokes", do you mean that they don't have any removable choke tubes, or that the barrel on each gun has no constriction? That would certainly affect the usefulness of the pair.

10. cynergystan

cynergystan TS Member

Hawkdriver...no removable chokes. I am unsure of the constriction on either.

11. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

If you don't buy them I will. Just give me the number and I will call him. That is a good price and you will not be hurt. Buy them. and just to add to it, people will take a Belgium made gun over a GOD DAMN JAP gun any day of the week. I hate the word JAPAN on my guns.

12. MGeslock

MGeslock TS Member

I don't recall that they made a "sweet 20". I know that there was a "sweet 16".
    Please let me know....I could be wrong.

13. ricks1

ricks1 Active Member

for the record the browning that has japan on it is NOT made in japan it is same parts that the belgium guns have it was assembled in japan for those parts the law here says it must have the name of the country of the imported complete product they do have a screw in choke that is nice i have a jap barrel on my old A5 works good for trap they tend to shoot low anyway so do pretty good with it never had a problem that wasnt the shells fault and has not been cleaned in 20yrs rick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.