1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning Barrel Swap

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by yukonjack222, Nov 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yukonjack222

yukonjack222 TS Member

I have 2 XT combos one XT and one XS and i can put what ever barrel i want on the other gun and i dont even know whats the right unsingle barrel for what gun now.But i hear all the time on TS that you cannot change barrels but i really think if they are all newer guns the chance is they will fit

2. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Banned User Banned

Browning barrels are fitted with lamp black and file. I once had 5 Brownings, and NONE of them would interchange barrels. I now have three of the same model and production date in different gauges. I have not tried swapping them around.

Sometimes they will bolt right on. YMMV.

3. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Yes its very possible to have two guns totally compatible fitwise..if it locks tite with no binding and the lever is just a hair right of center that shows the locking bolt is getting a good bite, then you should be fine

4. Bob_K

Bob_K Well-Known Member

Miroku holds very tight tolerances, so barrels can fit other receivers (but not guaranteed). The Miroku factory tour (URL above) is interesting.

5. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

I had a XT combo and the barrels would fit one buddys XT but not an other buddys gun. If you were to buy one I would have a gunsmith check it out first.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.