1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

browning barrel question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by knutershooter, May 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. knutershooter

knutershooter Member

Anyone know if it is possible to put a single barrel on an xt trap? I assume the receiver on the cynergy classic combo is different, however the guns look identical. Just wondering if anyone ever look at it , it would be a nice way to ugrade an xt to a combo if there was a barrel available.

2. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

sometimes single XT barrels are available used for sale

Gene

3. knutershooter

knutershooter Member

Called browning and the guy told me that they possibly would fit with some fitting, however they do not sell barrels so I would have to find one somewhere, not sure who would be selling one with out the rest of the gun, unless the stock was damaged or something like that. My guess, and I could be wrong, is that the receiver are the same and they may not want to make that known to others. seems it would be counter productive to machine a different receiver when they could just produce a single barrel to fit the one they already have.

4. K4AA

K4AA TS Member

I have an XT Trap Combo. All components: barrels, forearms and receiver are serial number matched. I doubt if you could mix and match without serious gunsmithing. Joe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.