1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

browning backboring

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by torqueman, Mar 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. torqueman

torqueman Member

Does enenyone know when BRownining started backboring thier xts
    thank JOE

2. KooJo

KooJo Member

Go to Browning"s Web site to see if they can help with your question.
    Just a guess maybe 3-5 years, the longer frocing cone maybe 2-3 years.

3. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Brownings have been backbored since the Invector Plus chokes. Since 1992 standard I believe. The picture I have shows no forceing cone lips anymore, but the transition is only like the lenth of the brass on the shell in the chamber. So I'm guessing around 1/2-3/4 inch in the forcing cone lenth. Its been lenthened twice I think? The new vectorPro now has a 2 l/2 inch lenthened forcing cone. My 525 has a l l/2 inch. Brownings barrel bore is .742 with the VectorPro and was/is .741 +/- .003 back in 1996. Is the extra one inch long forcing cone and the extra .001 barrel opening worth it??? Browning is selling like it is. Hope this helps you out. Break-em all. Jeff

4. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

Browning invector plus came out in 1989, my GTI that I bought in 1991 is invector plus.

5. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

On your GTi, blue book says porting standard in 92, but invector plus standard in 90. I thought I read somewhere that it didn't become standard in all of brownings until 92. Yes it was available several years before as a option. Maybe I'll look at brownings website tomorrow and see what it says. Close enough. Break-em all. Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.