1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning B2000

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Danny56, Apr 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Danny56

Danny56 TS Member

Does anyone know the story on the B2000? Was it made by Beretta for F/N Browning. Or was it designed for Browning by Beretta and made in Belgium. I have a chance at a Trap model in very good condition at a very good price. And was wondering about the quality. Thanks all.

2. Darryl101

Darryl101 TS Member

I am unsure of its origin but I know they are a dandy gun. I have a magnum and a trap version of it along with a slug barrel. They are very durable and a hoot to shoot. The thing I get a kick out of is you load them on the left and empty em on the right! If the price is right I would snatch it up.

Darryl

3. Danny56

Danny56 TS Member

So $450 would be a good price? It's in very good condition.

4. Darryl101

Darryl101 TS Member

I would sure think it is in the ballpark. $400 would be closer. I always compare what the same money would buy me in a different gun and then go from there. Shoot it to ensure it is fully operational before laying out the cash. I paid around $300 for mine but it had some wear.

Darryl

5. Danny56

Danny56 TS Member

Thanks Darryl. There isn't much info on them on the net. I was hoping someone could help with the origin of it.

6. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

It is a very well made gun. They stopped making them because they were to expensive to produce. For shooting singles I took the extractor and spring out of the bolt and after firing the empty hull is easy to remove from the port. HMB

7. snglfoot

snglfoot Member

I have a "field grade", the only problem I have is with the lighter loads (7/8 @ about 1100 fps) it does like to eject. For singles, I have a catcher, works good.
    Norman

8. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I have seen them sell for twice that. They are good guns & I think they were Belgium

9. boomer

boomer TS Supporters TS Supporters

They were Belgium parts assembled in Portugal and a Trap model @ $450 is a very good buy. I got $700 for a like new gun a year ago.I've shot them for 20 years without a problem.

10. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Jeff's Outfitters has parts and barrels. HMB

11. Danny56

Danny56 TS Member

So there was no Beretta connection?

12. Dbl Auto

Dbl Auto Active Member

This model is all Browning. The later B80 was tied to Beretta. The B2000 was introduced after the Browning Double Automatic was discontinued in 1971. The left side loading comes from the Double Auto design. I am sure that the change was made to compete with the Remington 1100, as the B2000 is gas operated and the Double Auto was a short recoil system. Here is what the Double Auto looks like:

13. Danny56

Danny56 TS Member

Thanks Dbl Auto thats what I was looking for.

14. ccw1911

ccw1911 Member

I like the B2000's, I think they are the lightest recoiling auto's ever and I seem to shoot them ok. If I ever get a chance at a trap version for a good price I would buy it. The downside is the trigger reach is a little long especially if you have short fingers, and for shooting trap my left thumb gets a little raw from pushing the shell in, but I have tender hands anyway from skin grafts. Mine has never malfunctioned with any load I've tried but I haven't tried anything super light.

15. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

You can load a single round in the B2000 through the open ejection port just like on almost every autoloader.

Good guns. Well made. Very mild recoil. Mine has a plastic buttplate yet the recoil is hardly noticeable at all.

Easystreet

16. ccw1911

ccw1911 Member

Easystreet you are correct of course but the bolt release is tiny and very hard for me to release so I'm back to I like the gun but it don't like me too much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
b2000 bolt release
b2000 browning
belgium browning b2000
browning 2000 trap

browning b2000

browning b2000 loading
browning b2000 trap
browning b2000 vs b80 same different