1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning B2000 12 Ga. Auto

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Easystreet, May 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

I've got a Browning 12 gauge auto that I'm thinking of selling because I never use it. I'd like to get some idea what it's worth since I'm thinking of taking it to a local gun store to sell for me on consignment.

Here is a description:

Made in Belgium by FN, Assembled in Portugal.
    28" Barrel with NO vent rib.
    Choked ** (Modified), but shoots an IM pattern.

The metal is in excellent condition with only two small dings on the underneath side of the trigger assembly near the safety.

The wood is in very good conditon with only two scratches (not large or deep) and a few small handling marks.

It has a hard plastic butt plate on it that says "Browning Automatic" and "FN" in the center of the plate.

I purchased the gun in about 1985 in used but almost new condition. I used it perhaps 8 or 10 times for grouse hunting or crow shooting. I've also used it to shoot perhaps 2 rounds of trap and 1 round of sporting clays. I've put about 300 to 400 shells total through it since I've owned it. It works perfectly, even with some mild reloads that I shot a few years ago.

Any idea what this gun is worth?

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

It is a very good gun. Browning stopped making them because they were expensive to produce. HMB

3. Easystreet

MIA,

Thanks. Do you mind if I ask how you determined its approximate worth? Did you buy it recently?

Easystreet

4. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

mia is right for a used gun i just bought one with 2 barrels for 350 I sold a new in box 20ga with 2 barrels for 850 the gun was a nice gun but it has 2 major problems No 1 you have to have 2 barrels to shoot 2 3/4 and 3in shells and No 2 they are very picky about cleaning the A5 is the best auto ever made ----- if you want to see what they are selling for go to Auction Arms in look at them rick

5. Easystreet

Thanks to everyone for your comments. I guess I'll probably just keep the gun even though I don't use it. To me, it seems like too nice a gun to sell for $350.

I don't recall it ever jamming or having a problem of any kind. It has been 100% reliable with any loads I've shot through it. In addition, the recoil with this gun is almost non-existent, even when shooting the 1 1/4 ounce hunting loads with no recoil pad.

Thanks again for the comments.

Easystreet

6. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

If you are going to keep the gun check out Jeffs Outfitters and Mid West Shooters Supply. They have barrels, stocks and parts at very low prices. HMB

7. Easystreet

Thanks, HMB. I don't really need any parts now, but it's good to know where to find them in case I do.

Easystreet

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

browning 12 ga auto belgium