1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning B 2000

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by puablo, Jan 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

We ran a store for a long time and sold alot of Browning guns. Sold alot of B-2000s. We liked the gun alot, nice handling and good quality. Don't think you could go wrong with it for hunting. Good luck. Puablo

2. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

they have some problems that is why browning dropped it NO 1 you have to have 2 barrels if you want to shoot 2 3/4 or 3in and NO 2 they have to be cleaned offen the A5 never had to be cleaned but if you want one i have a 20ga new in box with both barrels 28in vents for $850 rick

3. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

One of the best autos ever built. All machined parts. Browning stopped making them because they were too expensive to build. There are a couple of companies on the internet that advertise parts for the B 2000. They are a real bargain. Brand new removable trigger group $49.95, 60 piece action rebuild kit for about $60.00. And Jeff's Outfitters sells new barrels for $65 to $125 depending on whether you want a vent rib or plain barrel.
    It's a shame rick doesn't like to clean guns. HMB

4. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

hmb no i dont never clean them if you need to then get a M16 the rest of the mil rifles didnt need it same for the A5 rick

5. Msuhunter

Msuhunter Member

Nice shooting gun and yes they are a pain to clean! Also the trigger was sloppy and couldn't be adjusted. Forearms had a tendency to crack near the receiver. Loading took some getting use to same as Browning double auto. I always thought that the pistol grip was too far from the trigger. Migratory plug was a poor design they would crack and break off. I killed a lot of birds and ducks with mine over the years and also shot it well at skeet and sporting clays.

6. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

anyone got a 12ga for sale? rick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.