1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning and recoil

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by twoertink, Feb 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twoertink

twoertink TS Member

Do Brownings realy kick more then other guns or is it just talk.

2. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Talk.

Jay

3. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

My 425 sporting does not seem to kick at all when I am shooting skeet or sporting clays, but when I shoot trap it pops me in the face a little. Must be the way I get down on the stock at trap.

4. BT 99 Plus SS

BT 99 Plus SS TS Member

I have a 525 sporting and a XT overbarrel combo.

Both have little recoil to me.

My 13 year old shoots the 525 for trap. He started shooting it when he was 12.

I also have a 3901 Target RL for him and his 11 year old bother and the 13 year old prefers the 525. He does not like recoil.

5. Luckyman

Luckyman Active Member

At the end of the day it is all about physics and gun fit...If you have a real light gun regardless of the manufacturer you will experience more kick than a heavier gun....Also, if the stock does not fit you and you are not properly seating the gun against your cheek and shoulder you will also notice more perceived recoil.....

6. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

I've put 20,000 rounds+ through my superposed and it, as always comes down to gun fit...mine fits and I use a KickEez pad.

7. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Gun fit plus light shooting shells make shooting fun. I find the remington 1145fps shells very pleasing in my XT , I now have a PFS which I bought for its adjustabilty recoil reducion a plus

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.