1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning Adjustable Comb

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Trapmike, Apr 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trapmike

Trapmike TS Member

I am thinking of buying a Browning Citori XT Un-Single Combo. I am trying to get all my research done, and I am going to try and shoot a few too. I have shot a Citori many years ago when I first tried trap shooting and I liked it. Since I have started research the gun, I have developed a few questions about the adjustable comb hardware. I have heard from a lot of guys and seen some post about the factory hardware for the comb being trash. Is that true? If so what are the weakness, and are they easily correctable? Would it be better to buy the Monte Carlo stock and take it to a good stock guy, and have him cut in the adj. comb hardware as an after market add on? What would that do to the value as well? Also does anyone know of a good person to take the stock to in the New Jersey area? This is not a purchase I am looking to make at this moment; I am just trying to fully research it before I spend the best part of $5000.00 on a trap gun.

Mike S.

2. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

Definitely buy the Monte Carlo and contact Ed Yanchok in New Jersey , or any of several other stock smiths who post on here if you want to ship it out.

Ken Rucker...Speedbump Stockworks

3. Neil R

Neil R TS Member

Trapmike,
    RMG is quite correct, I have one and it does slip. If i had it to do over againn I would have Rod Stumbo of Rods Stocks put one on. He can also "correct" the Browning hardware with new hardware to replace an existing Browning adjustable comb.
    Neil R

4. stockguy

stockguy Member

Trapmike, Everyone is telling you like it is. If you get the factory comb, it will eventually slip on you. The washers are a must to keep it from slipping vertically, then it will eventually slip sideways. The factory comb is a $200 option and you will probably have pay all over again to have it replaced with a better system. Check out my comb conversion page on my website to see the replacement hardware installation.

So, it's best to purchase the Monte Carlo stock and have a quality stock man install an adjustable comb that will last a lifetime - and generally for less than the cost of the factory comb.

Greg Hissem

5. Trapmike

Trapmike TS Member

Thanks for all the input guys.

Mike S.

6. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

Hi Mike,

I'm in North Jersey and, if you're interested, I could probably help you with an adjustable comb on a Browning monte carlo stock.

Ed Yanchok

7. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

I got my my Bt-100 with a factory adj comb used. It is not the best hardware. If I were to buy one new today I would get just the monty carlo and have a smith install a good system. My 2 cents. Break-em all. Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
abolt adjustable comb system
brownin adjustable comb washers

browning adjustable comb hardware

browning citori adjustable comb hardware
browning xt trap adjustable comb
how would you replace a browning adjustable comb
swapping browning adjustable comb hardware
washers for browning adjustable comb