1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning A5?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by wayneo, Dec 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

1951. Click on the link. Wayne

2. jagrdawger

jagrdawger TS Member

I believe it was between 1948 and 1956, but close early 50's by most sources. I have one of each of those years. One has the push forward and the other is the cross bolt. Mine are sweet sixteens which have some variation from the standard Browning serial numbering convention if there was such a thing back then.

Check out this link.

http://store.bluebookinc.com/Info/PDF/Firearm/Serialize.pdf

3. ken a

ken a Member

E bay doesn't handle firearms

4. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

wayne is right for the belgium browning

5. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

TM1, Browning made standard 16s' at the same time they were making Sweets. After 1949 the receiver is marked "SWEET SIXTEEN". Before 1949 Sweets had a gold trigger, and three holes drilled through the barrel band. I've included a link about the Sweets and standard 16. It was my all time favorite hunting gun when I was a kid. Wayne

6. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

There is also a "American Browning" that was made during the war. It did have the rear push through safety the was a rem 11 but had cut off and browning name It was only made in the states for 5 years

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.