1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning A5 Belgium / Japan

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by shotgunpeople, Oct 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

Didn't know where to put this thread so am on the shooting related board. Sorry if it doesn't belong but....

Anyway, I was about to purchase an advertised "Belgium" Browning A5 at an auction recently but upon inspection my wife noticed on the barrel was stamped "Made in Japan" so I didn't bid on it.

Then I got to thinking, were the Japan barrels interchangeable with the Belgium receivers ? If so there was the possibility it could have been a Belgium made receiver with a replacement Japan barrel.

Can anyone steer me straight on this ?

I know virtually nothing about a Browning A5, only that I should steer clear of the Japan made ones.

Thanks for the info, Dave in SC

2. jbifulco

jbifulco Member

I am pretty sure the Japan barrels fit the Belgian receivers. I am not sure why you would think you have to steer clear of the Japan made guns. I have both and to be honest I can't see any difference in fit or finish. Beautiful guns.

I have noticed the market for A5's isn't what it used to be. You should be able to buy a real nice light 12 for $600.

Joe

3. shotgunpeople

Thanks Joe,

I was looking to purchase this "Light Twelve" for a fellow I know who has a japan made A5 and because he has had problems, he wanted no part of the Japan made ones...Sooo, I didn't bid.

Thanks for the info...This fellow wasn't sure about interchanging but figured if they went by the same specs, they probably were interchangeable.

Dave

4. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I believe most of the Browning Citori, BT 99, BT 100 barrels are made in Japan. Nothing wrong with those barrels that I've ever heard or experienced. The Miroku stamped barrels also appear on many other quality made shotguns as well.

5. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

You can interchange the barrels. Browning recommends doing this if you are going to be shooting steel through them for waterfowl. Japan manufactured models are just as well built, and reliable as the Belgium models.

6. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

I can only speak for Light 12 models, the barrels will interchange but you must use a jap forend or hollow out the belgian one. This ruins the value of a almost impossible to replace belgian forend. Jeff - Life member Browning Collectors Assoc.

7. shotgunpeople

Thanks for all the information guys !

I can always rely on answers from TS.COMers !

Dave in SC

8. morgaj1

morgaj1 Member

I have a Miroku A5 Light Twelve and it is a heck of a gun. It is every bit as well made as the Belgium models. I have put thousands of rounds through it without a single hiccup. Plus, i really like to option of Invector choke tubes.

9. Ultra Man

Ultra Man Member

I have both Jap and Belgium A-5's Love them all can't tell any difference.

10. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

"Thanks for all the information guys !

I can always rely on answers from TS.COMers !

Dave in SC "

hmmm reminds me of a gal waiting for her French model...

hehe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

browning a5 barrel interchangeability

browning a5 belgium vs japan
browning a5 japan for sale
browning a5 japanese vs belgian engraving
jap a5 forearm
miroku a 5 vs belgian a5
what barrel will fit belgium browning a5 barrel
will jap a5 barrel fit belgium a5 shotguns