1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning A-5

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by bill2, Jul 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bill2

bill2 Member

I would appreciate help in finding the length of pull of a field grade Browning A-5 12 ga. lightweight (Japanese)shotgun? Bill2

2. 47bt99

47bt99 TS Member

My A-5 12 gauge length of pull was 14 ¼” out of the box with the factory plastic butt plate. If you are thinking of changing the pad you should decide on what length of pull fits you best.

Bob

3. 870compman

870compman TS Member

You can do this yourself which would be the best. Cut a couple of 1/4" spacers the same size as your recoil pad and drill holes to match your recoil pad. I used UHMW stock, plywood will work. Install the recoil pad and spacers with a pull lenth of 14 1/2" and shoot it. Then add a spacer or remove a spacer until the shotgun fits you the best.

Some gun clubs will let you shoot alone on a feild if you ask and tell one of the staff what you want to do. I like to use the low 7 post on the skeet field when I do this.

When you are comfortable with the lenth of pull take it to a good gun smith and have him build you a pad to the correct lenth of pull.

I did this with a 870 28ga that had the stock shortened to fit a child. I hunted with it for years this way until I found someone to make a stock for me.

the 870Compman.

4. bill2

bill2 Member

Thanks all, I am trying to determine if my stock has been cut. My stock measures 13 1/2 inches. Bill2

5. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

If your 13 1/2 is with a pad It most likely was cut for heavy clothes. My factory are 14 1/4
    My A5 3in with factory pad is 13 1/2 but I dont think many used them with a tee shirt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.