1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

browning a-5 value

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by logger10, Oct 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. logger10

logger10 TS Member

0   0   0

i have a like new a-5 vr 32 inch choked full new in 1971 what would it worth ?

thanks in advance
    bill mclaughlin

2. GW22

GW22 Active Member

0   0   0

Is it a Light-Twelve or what?

-Gary

3. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Last auction I went to, one went for $350 and another went for $550. The one that went for $350, even had a hard case (Browning).

4. deercreek

deercreek Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I have a dealer friend who deals in mainly shotguns, mostly Browning and such. We just had a conversation about A-5's a week ago and he told me how the bottom fell out of the value and sales of them.

5. WZsembik

WZsembik Member

0   0   0

Deer creek....wonder if that will change with Browning introduction of the "new" A5....an A5 in name only.

Logger, to answer your question " it depends". 1971 will be a Belgian gun, is the receiver a Light or a Magnum. Does the pistol grip have a squared or rounded knob? A 32 inch full choked battle sounds like a waterfowl gun, but the Belgian models are not recommended for steel shot so market may be limited. Has it been monkied with at all (swivel studs) or what is the condition of the finish (metal and wood). The screws are also unique in slot shape, and can be easily be buggered through improperly fitting drivers...that will impact value as well.

I would troll Gunbroker to get an idea of what is out there for sale and what is getting bid activity.

Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.