1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

??? Browning A-5 Sweet 16

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by tonygrz, Jul 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tonygrz

tonygrz TS Member

My son-in-law gave me his late father's Browning A-5 Sweet 16, made in Belgium. It was in fairly poor shape so I did the best I could to knock off the rust. It has some pitting on the receiver and barrel. My questions are where do I find the choke markings on the barrel (couldn't find it) and where would I find the manufactoring date by serial number??? Is there a web site to research serial numbers on Brownings???

Thanks for the replies.

Tony Garza
    tonygrz

2. riflegunbuilder

riflegunbuilder Member

On the barrel you will see *,**, or **- . Should be on left side near other markings. *= Full **= Mod **- = I/C *** = Cyl. Can't help on dating.

3. tonygrz

tonygrz TS Member

Thanks for the replies. I found one star (full) next to the ejection port. I guess I'll have to take it to the trap range later this week and give it a try. I pulled up the Browning site and found the tables for the serial numbers. The only problem was that the serial number on my gun (S 991XX ) is not on the tables. Can anyone help me on this???

Thanks,

Tony Garza tonygrz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.