1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

browning A 5 experts

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ricks1, Dec 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

I need some info on a 16ga browning A 5 Its all stamped browning but is all remington model 11 parts the serial Is not list as browning and is not listed as remington its in the 500 range and is stamped on the side
    Barrel is stamped same as any browning but extention is a rem 11

2. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

You have two ways to find info. Call both Rem and Browning and ask for the Historian (sp)expert. One or both could tell you what it is.

3. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

During WW@.. Browning set up a plant in Utah to produce the A-5.. Some of the Remington 11 parts interchanged..

4. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Approximately 65,000 Auto-Fives were made for Browning by Remington during WWII.

Wartime production of Remington produced Brownings had magazine cut offs.

It seems the first M-11's had Remington and Browning patents stamped on the barrel. It has been a while since I have seen one.

5. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

thanks guys I found out about them they were made in New York from 42 to 47 and none in 44 45 It is a rather odd gun as most all parts are rem 11 and the fact that the factory installed many of the adjustable choke systems that are on them. SC There is not much info as to how many where did you find that info all I can find is the serials started with A5 and were on side of receiver rick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.