1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning 725

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by greta500, Aug 16, 2013.

1. greta500

greta500 Member

I would appreciate information about the browning 725 regarding weight, palm swell, etc

I would like to hear from someone who has shot this gun for a period of time.

Thank you.

Gretac

2. 4th. down

4th. down Active Member

I have about 5K rounds thru mine - 725 Sporting Model 30".

Palm swell is medium to small and the weight with the 30" barrels is just under 8lbs. The triggers are excellent at approx. 3 1/2 lbs.

The gun moves like a Pgun. Purchased the 30" barrels because of sporting clays - tight windows in the woods need to get the gun moving quick, and it does. Points very well and generally fits out of the box. However, I had mine prof. fitted after about 3K rounds and it helped. Now, the gun shoots exactly where I look. Subjective recoil was OK but I like to shoot 7/8 oz. loads @ 1350fps. and 1 oz. loads @ 1325fps. so had an ISIS installed.

IMHO, I think an outstanding value for an exceptionally good shooter.

3. \/\/\/Z\/\/\/

\/\/\/Z\/\/\/ Member

I purchased last week a Browning 725 Trap model with a straight adjustable comb (not Monty Carlo) and shot 10 boxes through it thus far. I have been shooting a 2010 Citori XT Monty Carlo and am now giving this to my son.

On the 725 Trap, I really like the high rib and head-up position, I like the new receiver shape, the mechanical trigger is crisp and lively, it has a right-hand palm swell that fits well, and I also like the new choke design. The straight comb fits me much better than the MC, and I can immediately see the right alignment of the beads upon shouldering. I may add 1/4" extension on the butt for a little longer LOP (for me).

I have not patterned it (yet). Been hitting in the 20 to 23 on good nights. I had a bad run last Wednesday evening with 16's and 17's ... entirely the shooter here; long work day and was just happy to be on the trap field (that's my story and I'm sticking to it ;-) )

I like the new feel of the 725, point well for me, it feels "lively" and comfortable. I don't like the porting. I think Browning is moving in the right direction.

Hope this was helpful. I am glad to provide you with any other information if you need it.

Kind regards,

--Z

4. Slugo

Slugo Member

I suggest you shoot one...

Search tags for this page

browning 725 forum

browning 725 trap
browning 725 trap guns
browning 725 trap shooting
browning 725 trap shoots high
browning 725 trapshooter