1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning 725 Trap Question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Jon Reitz, Aug 1, 2013.

1. Jon Reitz

Jon Reitz Well-Known Member

Does anyone happen to know why Browning designed this gun without Invector Plus choke tubes? Seems like with the thousands of those choke tubes laying around, not to mention all of the aftermarket tubes with that thread, it would have been more logical to do that. Just curious...

Thanks,

Jon Reitz

2. smokintom

smokintom Well-Known Member

I thought you could get one with or without choke tubes.???

3. Jon Reitz

Tom,

That could be. The ones I've seen all had tubes and the threads are different from the Invector Plus design. Also, I haven't seen one with an adjustable comb yet, but I guess they're on their way. Maybe 'dawg will chime in here.

Thanks,

Jon Reitz

4. flashmax

flashmax Well-Known Member

Same reason Automakers change minor details every year and gun clubs sell pre-paid practice tokens/tickets. Buy the Shotgun buy new chokes. Can't use the old parts from your car after you trade it off. Parts sales, just like practice round tokens or tickets, are money in the bank. Same thing with unused choke tubes.

Don T. Littleton CO

5. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Trap guns only need fixed, FULL chokes so who the heck cares?!!

But seriously, here's the sales hype from Browning. There's a video at the link above too, if you click on "Invector-DS" in the FEATURES bullet.

-Gary

INVECTOR-DS (DOUBLE SEAL) CHOKE SYSTEM -- A REVOLUTIONARY STEP FORWARD IN CHOKE TUBES

The new Browning Invector-DS choke tube system is the biggest leap forward in design since interchangeable choke tubes were introduced. With the Invector-DS, we’ve taken the proven thin wall, muzzle thread choke concept to the next level of shot pattern performance. The exclusive brass alloy band at the base of the tube seals out gas and grit that sneaks between the barrel and tube, making the Invector-DS tubes easy to remove even after extensive shooting. Thin wall construction reduces the flare at the end of the barrel for a sleeker shotgun appearance. Lastly, the Invector-DS offers the most consistent, reliable tightening of any system ever. With all these features, you can’t lose with Invector-DS. The video below (filmed showing the A5 shotgun) explains key advantages.

6. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Here's a direct link to the video.

7. Jon Reitz

Gary,

Thank you for supplying the information. That's what I was looking for and more...

Jon Reitz

8. GW22

GW22 Active Member

You're welcome, Jon. Those 725s seem really nice, but I haven't laid my hands on one yet.

-Gary

PS: I started a new thread about the wads petals opening INSIDE THE BARREL. That surprised me.

9. Jon Reitz

The 'dawg has some to sell, and at a good price. I don't know if the newer ones with an adjustable stock coming from Browning now have yet another, over-engineered, poorly designed, adjustable comb or not. Let's hope not.

10. Billetproof

Billetproof Active Member

Cabela's had five of them on the shelf yesterday. The gun handles very well and like the fit and the higher rib. That said, don't like the pattern in the side of the receiver, looks cheesy. And Browning wasted time and money coming up with a new choke system and kept that cheap comb system. Would buy without and have someone else add a comb. Also for the added price $3199 and up, I'll keep my XT's!!

11. paul7177

paul7177 Member

Cabela's prices them $600 to $900 more than local dealers in our area. I paid $2550 for the monte carlo version locally.

12. Avatar

Are you saying the 725 does not use the Invector Plus choke? I thought that was Browning's choke system for all its current line of overbored barrels...

13. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

The new Browning chokes are called Invector DS. see link above. Mark

14. 4th. down

4th. down Active Member

The Browning DS chokes are tight fitting - have to use a choke wrench to put them in and take them out. Restricts gas blow-by - your barrel threads will be perfectly clean as will be the exterior of the tubes if that means anything to you. They pattern exceptionally well - like 4 patterns @ 35 yds. with a .014 choke, 7/8 oz. of 7 1/2's, ranging from 85% to 92%.

15. greta500

greta500 Member

I would like comments on the 725 .....has anyone bought one and really shot it so

I can get info before I buy one. Do they all have Palm swells?

and, are they lighter than the browning unsingle, that is the over and under...30

Inch barrels.

I have shot my old special trap since 1991, and it has lots of targets thru it.

It may be time for a new one.

Gretac

16. jrb100

jrb100 Member

I handled one last week at a local club.It had 32 inch barrels and adj. comb.I did not shoot it though.I have shot and owned a xt 32 inch and the 725 is much better balanced than the xt to me.It feels alot like the joel etchen 687 Beretta to me.The guy who owned it shot a 23 with it the first rd. out with it.

joe

17. Slugo

Slugo Member

the new DS choke tube system is vastly superior to the Invector Plus. First of all they stay in place and do not work themselves loose. The seal at the rear keeps all the gunk from moving forward. Like I said, a real improvement...

[​IMG]

18. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I shot the 725 Trap O/U yesterday. I must say it felt great and shot even better. I thought my 24/25 was pretty good having never picked the gun up before. Missed the first bird out. This was shooting bottom barrel with flush mount Full choke. The gun had the Monte Carlo stock no adjustable comb. I want one.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Bazooka Joe

Bazooka Joe Member

Has anyone checked into release triggers since the receiver is shallow I was wondering if anyone makes any? I haven't checked with Phillip.
    Rick

Search tags for this page

browning 725 do not like

browning 725 trap

browning 725 trap choke tubes

browning 725 trap chokes

browning 725 unsingle barrel

browning citori 725 trap choke tubes

browning invector ds choke tube for trap

why do i have three different chokes with my new browning 725 field