1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

browning 525

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Pull & Mark, Oct 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

John, I own a 525 sporting and thought enough of it to spend 2 thousand on it to buy and have briley tube it with their best tubes and case. Yes it will serve all your needs just fine. I don't know if I would like to carry around in the field for hunting. Its abit pricey for a field gun. But will work if its all you have. They also make it in a grade one, or field grade that might be a better idea if you want to use for hunting also. I really like the engraving on the grade 3 though. Like it better than the new 625's that are out now. Good Luck and Break-em all. Jeff

2. itsnotyou

itsnotyou Member

I have a 525 grade 3, 12 gauge with 32" barrels and left hand palm swell. I have been very happy with it.

I mainly shoot sporting clays with mine.

Jack

3. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

Mechanically they are basically no better or worse than any other Citori based Browning which means they are very good. The close radius pistol grip stock, your either love it or hate it seems to be the sentiment.

4. Jerseyshooter

Jerseyshooter TS Member

I have a grade I 525 sporting, ported, 30 inch that I bought used. It is absolutely perfect for me. I have had -0- mechanical difficulties and have put 20 flats through it. I don't think there is a huge amount of difference in the way most of the Citori's handle. I have also shot 2 or 3 flats through a Beretta 687 and prefer the Citori....felt slightly lower recoil simply because it was a half pound heavier. I think the 525 is going to retain value better than the Cynergy primarily due to styling.

5. Smithy47

Smithy47 Member

I bought my first 525 grade 3 in 28ga and liked it so well I bought two more, one in 12ga and one in .410ga. They are well made and I like the design of engraving on it better than most other Brownings. I have many rounds through all three and no problems so far. I shoot skeet with all three, sporting clays with the 12ga and 28ga, and have shot trap with the 12ga. It shoots pretty flat for being a trap gun and have since gone to a Browning XT unsingle combo for that. The 525 sporting came with 5 extended choke tubes, choke wrench, interchangable front fiber optic sight, and three triggers.

If you are buying a used one you might ask to see if all the accessories come with it.

Good luck. Bob

6. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

call glen hoggie- hoggies gun & sport- auburn neb he has a new one w/ briley tubes-- 402-274-4426

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

browning 525 forum

browning 525 forums
browning 525 trap gun case