1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

**Browning 525 vs. 625 Differences

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Gambit, Apr 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gambit

Gambit TS Member

Could someone tell me the differences between the Browning 525 and 625 Sporting? I am looking for more than the specs. Has anyone shot both guns, and could speak on the differences of feel, swing, and mount? Thanks in advance to all...

2. Slugo

Slugo Member

nothing, they're the same exact gun. Don't fall prey to marketing and sales tactics...

3. Gambit

Gambit TS Member

4. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

There are some cosmetic difference. "Feel, swing, mount?" Come on, you're
    talking about an inanimate object: two metal pipes attached to piece of wood.
    One gun may feel different to you than another. You might like it better, someone else might not.

Listen to Slugo.

5. Gambit

Gambit TS Member

Maybe I should change my question...if you stand at a gun counter and hold the 625 and 725 they clearly feel like different guns. I have not had the opportunity to hold or shoot a 525,but am in the market for a used one and I am wondering how they are different from the newer models. Thanks.

6. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

No feel for the 725, since you've mentioned it, but I've been shooting a 30" 525 Sporting in 12ga since '06 and have put thousands of rounds through it, on the clays, skeet & trap fields. It's an excellent gun and with the newer models out you should be able to find a nice one at a good price. I've had the stock bent and refinished it twice + added a Kick-EZE pad. Mine came with three quick change forward-aft adjustable triggers and 5 Midas choke tubes. You can't go wrong, in my opinion.

best....mike

7. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

Cosmetic only.....

8. StansCustoms

StansCustoms Well-Known Member

The 525 and the 625 are the same..other than a little cosmetic checkering.

The 725 shoots flatter according to a Browning tech I spoke to...along with the Maxus and one either Browning that I can't remember for 2012.

Best way to get the correct information is call the Browning service department in Arnold, Missouri...

1-800-332-4626...I talked to a service mgr. named Rudy, some time back about the 725. Knowledgeable person, and also a Trap shooter.

Stan...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
browning 525 sporting
browning 525 vs 625

browning 525 vs 725

browning 625 vs 725
browning citori 625 vs 525
citori 325 vs 625
difference between browning 525 and 625
what is difference between browning 725 skeet and sporting