1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning 425

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by sydsmom06, Feb 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sydsmom06

sydsmom06 TS Member

I found a beautiful Browning 425 tonight 30" OU for $1050. I don't know much about this gun. It has screw in chokes and is ported. I will definately have to have the stock cut for length and probably will need to have an adjustable stock done. The stock has a couple of handling/usage marks, but more than likely would be unseen once I have the stock shortened.
    Is this gun good for trapshooting? Is this a good price? I would appreciate any input. Thank you

2. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

If the gun is in good condition, it is a good price...when we closed our store,
    about 10yrs ago, the B-425 was our best selling Sporter. The gun at that time went for around $1500.00.
    You will need an adjustable comb on the gun because it will probably be too flat shooting for trap. The factory LOP was way long, but no big deal, just have it fitted properly.

Good luck, puablo

3. jm1079

jm1079 Well-Known Member

with an adjustable comb and a kickeez sporting clay pad, you will have a very good all around gun for trap, 5 stand, sporting clays and even skeet. fwiw. jm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.