1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning 425 VS Sporter Ultra

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by KillerMcCoy, Apr 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KillerMcCoy

KillerMcCoy TS Member

Can anyone tell me the difference between a 425 and a sporter ultra. does anyone shoot the sport ultra for doubles or all around gun.
    Thanks.

2. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

I own an Ultra Sporter. It's a great gun for hunting and casual sporting clays. I think it's a bit light for serious target work of any kind. I think the differences between it and a 425 are mainly cosmetic. The 425 may have a palm swell which the ultra does not.

3. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

wireguy- I make barrel weights that'd fit your gun that'd allow you to weigh and balance it to your liking.

4. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

my sporting grade 1 425 does not have palm swells.

5. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

The main difference is the rib...the 425's rib is the same width for its entire length and is secured along its 2 sides...the Ultra's rib is mounted on a singular row of posts and tapers slightly from breech to muzzle...the rest is gingerbread

6. shutnlar

shutnlar TS Member

The main difference is in the rib width. The Ultra has a "Broadway" style rib, while the 425 has a narrow rib. I use my Ultra as my doubles gun altho with a PFS instead of the sporter stock.

Larry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

browning 425 ultra sporter

browning ultra sporter plus weight