1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning 425 Sporting Barrel questions.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by greg2648, Jan 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greg2648

greg2648 Member

I have a Browning 425 Sporting with 32" barrels. It was made in 1996. My first question is: How much of the bores are chromed?? Also, when I look down the top barrel I can see 'rings' from the forcing cone to the choke. They look like boring marks. The bore is exactly .741. Both bores are bright. I dont see it on the bottom barrel. I believe the barrels are unaltered. Has anyone seen this before? I am sure that it doesnt affect the way it shoots, but, I am curious. Thank you.

2. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

Only the chambers are chromed.

Try removing the barrels from the gun and look through them then. Turn the top barrel such that it's on the bottom and look through them. Does anything change? Do you still see the rings in only one barrel?

Easystreet

3. greg2648

greg2648 Member

Easystreet- Thank you for your response. I noticed the 'rings' with the barrels off and I was lookig through them at a light. I turned the barrels upside down and it is still there. It is definitely not dirt and it is in the metal. I have never seen this in any of the other barrels that I have. Thanks. Greg.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.