1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning 425 malfunction

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by rsk0125, Aug 26, 2013.

1. rsk0125

rsk0125 Member

I have a 425 browning that has not resetting the bottom trigger once the top barrel is fired. The springs were replaced and the same is happening. Anyone have suggestion what might be happening? I shoot small gage with with the gun, in order to make the inertia block to respond shooting 410, two coils was taken from it's spring. The triggers use to work fine...until this year. It's happening more than it use to...any thoughts short of rebuilding the entire trigger? Which I am not opposed...I would like to know what might be happening (or not happening)

As a note...
    When I use the bottom barrel first, this doesn't happen.

Best Regards,
    Roger

2. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

If it functions perfect as a 12 or any other smaller gauge other than the 410,..I would just resolve to always use it set as bottom first and leave the gun as is...making the inertia block springs too light and over sensitive can lead to other issues

3. wrd

wrd Member

I had the same problem with my XT 12ga. I cleaned the action real well and lubricated with RemOil. Over a year with no further problem.