1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning 325 Sporting Clays

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by brownk80, Oct 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brownk80

brownk80 Member

I have a Browning 325 Sporting Clays which I have owned since they came out, can't remember the year, age you know, but I have been told repeatedly that mine is the American version not the European version because my barrels are thicker.

I thought they only made them for a couple of years before they began making the 425 and I was not aware that they made two different versions as I thought they were all made in Japan on the Citori frame. I cannot find anything that tells me that they made an American version and a European version and the people at Browning evidently don't know either since they have never answered any of my emails. Can anyone share some information about this?

Thanks for the help.

Brownk80

2. sptnclays

sptnclays Member

Browning "lower" end guns are made in japan. Custom guns and special order used to be made or assembled in belgium.
    I have a B325 which is a 325 made in japan and hand fitted in Belgium. Not what I wanted but it was a gift so I never said anything.
    The same plant in japan produced a browning for the european market with fixed chokes and a very similar gun called a miroku?sp.
    The barrels weren't "thinner" but had traditional bore of around .725 and with fixed chokes they felt more like a perazzi.
    In their wisdom when everyone started to back-bore their guns to .735-.745(which made them lighter and swing faster) browning went to over-bore. They made the barrels larger i.d. and o.d..
    Kinda missed the point.

3. jm1079

jm1079 Well-Known Member

Browning did come out with the 325 in the Euro version which DID NOT use the Invector Plus choke tube of the American version. As such the barrels were not as heavy as the invector plus barrels. One Euro version I shot had fixed chokes with 32 inch barrels and it was lighter than my American 325 with a 30 inch barrels.. Hope this helps. JM

4. battuedave

battuedave Member

There were 2 versons
    1 was a European with fixed chokes with lighter barrels.These were Imported by a firm in New York

The other verson was the 325 sold in the Us with the barrel's thicker at the end for choke tubes.
    Hope this helps

5. cf4952

cf4952 Member

Had a 325 that had Invector Plus chokes and the heavier barrels. Another that had regular invector choke tubes that was much lighter. I was told that was the "euro" verison. So I'd say check your choke tubes and decide.
    Good luck

6. brownk80

brownk80 Member

Thanks everyone, the information has been very informative and helpful.

Brownk80

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
325 browning european 32 inch
browning 325 sporting

browning 325 sporting clays

browning 325 sporting for sale
browning citori 325 golden clays
browning citori 325 sporting clays
citori 325 sporting clays
reviews of the browning b325 sporting