1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning 16ga. BPS

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by jbmi, Oct 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

Saw one on the Browning web-site and wondered if this is a true 16ga. or just a barrel replacement on a 12 or 20ga. frame. Local Browning dealer said you can't swap barrels between 12 & 16's so there is some type of difference.
    I love 16ga's and a BPS comes about as close to a left handed gun as you're going to get. Anybody own or handled one ?

2. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

I would doubt that the 16 BPS has a receiver specifically scaled to fit the 16 guage hull. The 20, 28 and .410 BPS guns are all the same receiver. That is not really a problem though because they all handle and function well. I'm a lefty also and I really like the BPS guns because of the safety location, very fast and easy to use for all shooters. I also think the BPS is one of the best if not the best value when buying a new shotgun today. I own four of them. (I might 'need' #5 now that the 16 is out)

The 16 guage is a great one in the field, too bad it isn't more popular. There probably isn't a single practical reason why a person should buy a 16 guage gun over a 12 guage in the same model but we don't always have to be practical.

3. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

I do not have one myself, but know of a shooter at the club that swears by it and is supposedly looking to pick up a second one to keep in case he ever needs it. I believe that it is a true 16, frame,etc. Good luck,Bob

4. boomer

boomer TS Supporters TS Supporters

It's built on the same frame as the 20ga!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

bps 16ga