1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

Brownells AIN'T so bad

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by GrandpasArms, Apr 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrandpasArms

GrandpasArms Member

Brownells AIN

I needed a couple of small parts from Brownells. I checked their shotgun ammo and it is lower than the local store (Gander). I ordered a couple of flats. Total shipping is $12.95 - regardless of the number of flats. And, there's no sales tax in Illinois. To sweeten it a little more, there are the Winchester rebates.

This is how it played out for my order... $12.95 for 5 flats (0$.26 per box or a little over a penny per shell). The retail is $7.99 + $0.26 - $2.00 = $6.25. I don't have to handle the order more than once. No, it isn't the best price available, but it's good enough for me.

What started out as a single small replacement follower for my 1100, morphed into $400 order, but it's a good one for me.

Larry
  2. postmastertim

postmastertim Member

Promo Code DM8 would have gotten you $20 off 200.

It got my order down to $5.85 a box.

Tim
  3. cf4952

cf4952 Member

Just ordered 410 SC. Great price shipped. Also got the $20 discount. Thanks Postmastertim!
  4. Eric XT

Eric XT TS Member

I just ordered 5 flats of AA's using the promo code for $392.45. Now I just have to fax a copy of my foid card.
  5. GrandpasArms

GrandpasArms Member

Having second thoughts about the "deal" at Brownells. First they asked for FOID and driver's license. Thankfully, I have both and I sent by email. Now, it seems there's some issue about the address on the credit card and the shipping address. After phone and email tag for one day I still don't know if the order is being shipped or not.

Reminds me of a business story. A guy went to a butcher and asked for pork chops. The butcher told him they are $3.99 per pound. The man was outraged and said, "pork chops are only $1.99 per pound down the street." When asked why he didn't buy them down the street the man replied, "because they were out of them." The butcher responded, "If I was out of them, they'd be $1.69 per pound."

Larry
  6. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

I have 4 flats of 28ga on backorder with them right now, placed the order last week. Was told they should be in by the end of the month. My dealer is out as well, or I would have bought from him. If my dealer gets them before brownells, I'll just cancel my order and buy them locally.
  7. 87AA

87AA TS Member

Last week I ordered 5 flats of 1 oz AA and used promo code DQX for free shipping (over $125). Shipped on Wednesday and at my shop on Friday.

Now here's the rest of the story...

During shipping one of the boxes tore open and 3 boxes of shells ended up somewhere other than at my shop. I've done a ton of shipping at various jobs and I could tell that it was accidental rather than intentional. The box was also re-taped by UPS somewhere along the line. At any rate, I took pictures of the box and emailed them along with an explanation of the missing items to Brownell's. Without questioning my story and very apologetically, they immediately package 3 boxes of shells and sent them to me thus completing my order. I'm not really sure if it was my responsibility or there's to contact UPS, but nonetheless, Brownell's customer service took care of me and it's much appreciated.
  8. skeet_man

Good story. I had mine shipped Fedex, who knows if it'll make a difference, but I always liked Fedex over UPS, so I picked them from the drop-down menu when I was checking out.
  9. LAD39

LAD39 Member

I have used Brownell's for many years they have always been great to work with .Bob
  10. Dave P

Dave P Active Member

How many of you paid retail price? They sell wholesale as well!
  11. GrandpasArms

GrandpasArms Member

I'm recanting on my original post. Brownells has decided that they can only ship ammo to the address that's on my FOID card - my home, a condo. That means I can either stay home and wait for a few days so I can accept the order when it arrives, or just cancel it. Sadly, I pick option two.

I can't fault Brownells because I don't like their policy, but it is a disappointment.

Larry
  12. skeet_man

Just got notice that they shipped my 4 flats of Win AA 28s. 15 cents per flat more than my local dealers pre-tax price (who is currently sold out and doesn't know when more will come in).

Also saves me gas having to drive across town to get them.
  13. quartering

quartering Active Member

where did you want them to ship it?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.