1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browing XT Question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Timbob44, Oct 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Timbob44

Timbob44 Member

Is the new XT Un-Single with the blued receiver the same XT that comes as a combo with the silver receiver. Thanks Tim

2. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

The O/U barrel that comes in the combo model has a taller rib than the one that is sold alone as an O/U.

3. hunter44

Give Dan a call at GunsUnlimited in Omaha....they have the exclusive rights to sales of unsingle combos & the unsingle. I have an unsingle combo & I do know that the rib on the O/U is taller than the rib on a non-combo XT. Like all Brownings another barrel would probably "fit" but would require some smithing to make it "fit" correctly ........usually not too big a deal to do.

Good Luck!

4. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Whatever you do, do not get one ported. The Browning ported XT's are the loudest gun I ever heard

5. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Banned User Banned

Try this link. I ordered one today, Guns Unlimited has a few of them left.

6. MKillian

MKillian TS Member

<I>"Whatever you do, do not get one ported. The Browning ported XT's are the loudest gun I ever heard"</I>

...and you probably know full well that all XTs are ported. You just want to whine about something!

Mike K

7. bigdave35180

bigdave35180 TS Member

Timbob...I bought an XT unsingle and the barrel and forend fit my other XT O/U receiver perfectly...I can use both barrels and receivers interchangeably....this is the XT O/U receiver with the Unsingle barrel and forend fitted...the only reason I do this is the O/U receiver has had the stock fitted to me by the Country Gentleman...Todd Nelson... and it fits me like a glove....I dont know that all are like this but that is my experience
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

Is there any reason in this day and age of CNC that we should expect anything other that perfect fit between wood and metal regardless of whether it's a Stoeger or a P or K gun?

9. MKillian

MKillian TS Member

A CNC machine is only as good as the guy who programmed it.

Have you seen some of the yokels that pass for "machinists" nowadays?

Mike K

10. 12ShotTwo

12ShotTwo Member

Doesw anyone know if it's possible to buy just the un-single barrel to go with my 425 citori?

11. Shooting Coach

Browning's break-action shotgun barrels are fitted with the file and lamp black method. The miracle is that some of them are so close that they WILL interchange.

CNC gets it close, but the Browning is built much better than some here would have you believe.

Got my Unsingle in today, it is everything I hoped for, and more. Great looking gun.

I will know more about it Sunday, when it goes to the club.

12. hunter44

Coach, be sure to check tightness with the little mid screws on your rib. They seem to want to work loose when the gun is new.....either that or I just tightened them a lot tighter later. Either way be sure to check them for tightness ever so often.

13. Shooting Coach

My first one made me think that someone tightened them with an impact wrench!

This one was fairly tight, but not like the other one. I did not have trouble with them loosening, but this is something I check every so often.

Adjustable comb screws also like to get loose.

14. Shooting Coach

Shot the XT Unsingle today. WOW!! It is a keeper. Will now sell my 30" Ultra XT.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

browning xt unsingle