1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browing XT fell apart

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by amboy49, Jun 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amboy49

amboy49 Well-Known Member

I was shooting a Browing XT at a round of trap today. About 15 shells in I opened the gun after breaking a target. As I went to catch the shell the ejected shell AND the ejector dropped into in my hand. This was from the under barrel. I was shooting singles - no issue known with the top barrel.

Comparing the "good side" of the receiver with the over barrel ejector I see there appears to be a "pin" that is now missing from the ejector from the under barrel (left side of the receiver). The hole in the ejector appears to be threaded (?) Sorry, no pictures.

Do I have a major problem ?

Note the gun may have several rounds throught it - I purchased it used and the owner twice removed that I talked with before purchasing it said he shot a lot of registered targets with the gun but stated it was in excellent shape. I felt there was no reason to believe to the contrary until this occurred.

Is this a simple fix ? Any other concerns that might be related other than the ejector popping out ?

Thanks in advance

2. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

The "pin" just unscrewed. Do you still have it??

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I lost one of those and my smith took a screw that fit and ground the head down to match the original shape.

Not very hard at all.

HM

4. dhwbailey

dhwbailey Member

available from Browning for $3.

If you look at the ejector assembly, there is a hole at the front and a screw in the hole.

Undo the screw and the other part comes off. Buy the part B1334114 from Browning or Brownells., screw it in with a bit of locktite and put it back together. Best to check both sides. It seems those retaining pins come loose more than one would think.

5. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

The "pin" is held on by a few threads and then usually "staked" on the back side. It's not usual for them to try to wind out after a couple thousand rounds. The trick is to catch it before it winds all the way out. Sometimes. it'll "warn" you by getting loose enough to allow the shell to slip under the ejector. It's an easy fix if you notice it in time.

I've seen an ejector break completely off, but it wasn't on a Browning.

6. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

It happened to me. It was an easy fix. I've since sold the gun, I believe
    I still have an extra pin because I ordered two. I'll know tomorrow and if I
    do I'll send it to you.

7. Jim Porter

Jim Porter Well-Known Member

Happened to me years ago. I bought a pair from Brownells for a few bucks and with a little red locktite was back in business. Funny thing was is that a friend (skeet shooter) called me and during the conversation he said his gun went down because of a small screw in the ejector. HGe was upset because he was headed for the World Shoot and would be without his gun. He about had a fit when I told him I had one. Both guns have been in service for many years since with no problems.

8. Dickgshot

I found the pin.

9. Dickgshot

Amboy49: I offered you the part you need free including shipping. I'm sorry
    but that's my lowest price.

10. Dickgshot

Still no response. O.K. How about I send you the part, free, no shipping, and
    I'll throw in $5. MY FINAL OFFER.

11. mike campbell

mike campbell Active Member

"Still no response. O.K. How about I send you the part, free, no shipping, and I'll throw in $5. MY FINAL OFFER."

The OP could be a woman....she doesn't really want you to fix anything, she just needs sympathy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.