1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

browing 525

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 1ounceload, Jan 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1ounceload

1ounceload TS Member

i was told that the browning 525 barrels will fit the xt series, does anyone know if this is true or not. thanks

2. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

I've got a 525 and an XT. The 525 barrels will go on the XT receiver and the action will close, but whether they really "fit" or not, I can't say. I've never tried shooting it like that.

Easystreet

3. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

I had never tried it until now but my 525 & my XT seem to interchange, barrels & fore ends both fit fine.

4. winchesterm12

winchesterm12 TS Member

It's a crap shoot some times they will some times they wont. Some times the barrels will change but the forends wont even if you change the forend irons. Some times everthing will fit together but the ejectors wont work and some times the just plain wont fit at all. If your swaping brls be sure to have both guns together dont send your barrel to somebody and have them send you theres only to find out one of the brls fit and one didn't. That said a decent gunsmith should be able to fit the brls but some will refuse citing liability. I've swapped many and had good luck some needed a little fitting but worked but a I have had a few that needed more fitting than I was comfortable doing myself

5. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Call Browning and ask?????

Curt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.