1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Brought to you by Organized Labor !!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by bocephus, Aug 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bocephus

bocephus Member

Yes indeed, another day we all must pay the union employees for while they play.....

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

WTF are you talking about?

HM

3. hreinke

hreinke TS Member

thats union and non-union who will enjoy this day, to bad you can't Bocephus. I hope you are self employed

4. oneidcharlie

oneidcharlie Member

Bocephus is no doubt a person who dislikes unions but likes to suck up the benifits that they get for their members. Thirty eight year union member and glad of it. Charlie

5. k3uro

k3uro Member

Hey,

Be safe during our holiday.

Jim

6. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

Thanks for mentioning it Likes to Shoot. Everyone is ready for a holiday and those of us who have fought for the rights of all are especially glad to take the day off without pay and go to our labor day parades and picnics. Ill be at the parade and picnic in Champaign Illinois. Thirty three years a member of Iron Workers Local 380 and never been in arrears. Dan

7. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

Iron Workers Local 380, never heard of them, what do they manufacture or sell? How many people are employed by this company? Just asking, Jake

8. crusha

crusha TS Member

Likes-to-spout,

Organized Labor didn't give you Labor Day off. The Government did.

...just like most things Unions ever got.

9. brantman

brantman TS Member

non unionloves to live off the union bebefit like up to the 50s a normal work week was 6 days now they get paid overtime. im 56 35 years in sheet metal workers union19 (Phila) and retired and loving it. how many nonunion guys can say retired? not many

10. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

No personal offense to you union members, but the sweet fruit that you went on strike for has cost the jobs of many who are no longer employed because their companies went elsewhere. Unions are fine until they begin trying to dictate company rules and allow the 10% to 20%of workers to remain on company payroll when they should actually be dismissed and replaced with some one who would actually carry their own weight. I saw that both at AFSCME and URW where I as employed collectively for 37 years. It is hard enough to make a fair profit in business when everyone is pulling their own weight but dead wood can kill a company. Not all bad, but far from all good as well.

11. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

Ironworkers Local 380 is the number of our local union hall in Champaign, Urbana in east central Illinois. There are locals in several different areas of the state. We are in the Chicago District Council and Springfields local 46 and East St.Louis local 392 are in their own district councils. So on for the rest of the locals in Illinois in all the seperate towns and cities. We are unions with membership of individuals who use their skills and trade to work for contractors who are in the business of heavy construction in our areas. We do not manufacture anything in particular. What we do is provide skilled and trained Ironworkers when requested for their employment to contractors when construction is going on. We don't just build one thing like cars or weld up railroad cars or structures of any kind per se. We are in the construction business and thats' where we will stay. Slow as it is right now it can't get much worse so it's bound to get better. Dan

12. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Now, I believe it's "Butt-Gunn's" turn.

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v712/Tronspace/?action=view&current=ring_girl_round_2.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

13. rodbuster

rodbuster TS Member

Well spoken Dahaub! I have been an Ironworker a little over 35 years now, Ironworkers Local 1.

14. brownie20

brownie20 TS Member

god bless union people america needs them ............ sheet metal workers local #24 columbus ,ohio

15. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Thanks to the Union I get Friday and Monday paid off. Thanks to the State of Michigan, I get to collect unemployment for the 4 days I'm laid off....

Merry Labor Day, everyone!!

16. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

IBEW Local 158, Green Bay, Wis.

I did not have to be in the union when I started my business, but chose to stay in for the next 30 years even though self employed. I felt it showed the quality of my work better.

"Work smarter, not harder"

HM

17. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

I hope everyone enjoys a safe and happy end of the summer holiday!

18. 221

221 Banned User Banned TS Supporters

I suppose No Shows are highly skilled workers also. Personally I wouldn't work for union wages....That's a level of pay anyone can achieve.

BTW, Do NO Shows get the holiday off???????

19. crusha

crusha TS Member

Likes-to-spout,

It doesn't matter if Jimmy Hoffa celebrated the first Labor Day simultaneously with the Puritans holding the first Thanksgiving - you subtract the Government out of the equation, and you'd be spending your Labor Day cowering in the back of a pizza shop with Trappy.

Enjoy your spot at the trough,

Buzzy

20. ysr_racer

ysr_racer Active Member

These three kids are sitting around talking, and the first kid says, "My dad is so fast, he can shoot an arrow down range, and run down there to see where it lands".

The second little kid says, "That's nothing. My dad is so fast, when he goes to sleep at night and turns off the lights, he can be in bed before the room gets dark".

The third little kid says, "I got all you guys beat. My dad is in the plumbers union. He's so fast that when he gets off of work at 4:30pm, he's home by 2:15".

Brought to you by the non union workers of America. Unlike you, I actually have to work for a living.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.