1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Brother in need

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Jawhawker, Jan 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

We have a trapshooter that is in the hospital in very serious condition. Many of you know Billy Goszinski, a trap shooter from Long Island, NY. Several of you have shot with him in NY, PA, TN, MD, NC, SC, and elsewhere.

Billy has been fighting cancer, and now a septic infection. He has been in the hospital for a week and is battling to be able to get out and shoot with us again. He is in the Long Island Jewish Hospital, and will be there for about 2 months before he can leave, assuming he beats this thing.

We (Martin and Devi Wilbur) and Quack Shot and Luvn Bear Hugs are trying to get a laptop to Billy, so he can check on his accounts, bills, and of course keep us all up-to-date on ts.com. We believe that being able to communicate with all of us will lift his spirits and help him to beat this thing.

As some of you may know, Quack Shot currently owns a business installing and maintaining business computer networks (he's excellent at it, too), and performing computer repair. The Duck can put together a laptop for Billy.

We are asking for donations. Would each of you help a fellow trapshooter by sending what you can (even a few bucks) so that we can pool the money? Quack will travel to NY and hand-deliver the laptop with a big card from all of us.

An alternative would be if anyone out there has a laptop to loan to him for the next couple of months.

Please PM Pheasantmaster or Quack Shot if you can commit to a few dollars (or a loaner). They will give you the address for sending donations. We will keep a running total posted here on ts.com.

Thank you so much for reading!

-Martin and Devi Wilbur

2. birddog1964

birddog1964 TS Member

Guy's if you check I bet the hospial has a computer that he could use from one of the waiting areas if not I have a desk top he can use but we will need to come up with a standard vga monitor for it and that's all that it needs.

thanks
    lee

3. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Call me Martin

Guy

4. CalamitySJ

CalamitySJ Member

Martin, call me please? Devi's got my number. You guys are the best.

CSJ

5. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Hi, Lee... It's Devi. Billy is not able to get out of the bed to use a desk top.

Sally, we'll call you this evening. We also need you to pm Martin with your address. We have something to send to you and Coach.

To those who have responded with PMs and donations, thank you so much. Martin and I are collecting the money, along with what we ourselves donated, and sending it to the front man for reimbursement.

We have $200 so far.

6. CalamitySJ

CalamitySJ Member

Devi & Martin,

Check your pm's.

Sal

7. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Yes, check your PM's. Bulge.

8. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

check your PM's

Phil Berkowitz

9. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

She's at work for the day. I'm sure Devi will get back to everyone this evening. Yes, they are great people.

10. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Hi all...

Martin and I have responded to all of you kind people via PMs.

It is difficult to tally, since some of the pledge amounts are not specific, but I think we are getting up around the high $200s, if I remember right. We could use more, if anyone is willing to pitch in.

Some of us are going to also send him some of our used DVD movies to help keep him occupied.

He could use your prayers most of all...

11. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Got your PM, check is in the mail.

Phil B

12. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Thank you, all!

13. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

We are another $20 closer to helping out a fellow_shooter. Thanks again.

14. MGeslock

MGeslock TS Member

Do you have a paypal account?

15. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

no I don't. Devi doesn't. Maybe Quackshot does. Maybe he'll see your post and answer.

16. CalamitySJ

CalamitySJ Member

Another pm sent. I'm thinking, with all the talking we're doing, I'll just get in the truck and drive on down there! Too dang much snow up here. I moved south to Minnesota for the warmer weather and better conditions--what happened?

17. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

I've been in active contact with Billy and he's hanging tough, though he still has a long row to hoe with many unknowns and perils to face.

He asked me this morning to post a hello to his TS.com friends and a sincere thank you on his behalf.

We should see live postings from him by the end of the week.

Thanks to all who are helping our friend.

Guy

18. Alliant Reloading

Alliant Reloading TS Member

I think this is a wonderful thing you people are doing.

Alliant Powder would like to donate also. We will donate 16lbs of shotshell powder to generate funds. The first $160 to Pheasantmaster will take their pick of Red Dot(R), Green Dot(R), American Select(R), e3(R), Clay Dot(R), Unique(R) or 20/28(R).

Martin, when you receive the funds, or a committment to your satisfaction, email me the details of who, where and powder choices, and I'll ship the powder to that person. Contact me at paul.furrier@atk.com

Thanks for your support,

Paul

19. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Check was put in the mail this morning. Bulge.

20. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

MGeslock

I can arrange a paypal payment request for you. PM me with your email address and the desired amount and I can send you a payment request. I'll cover any fees on my end for your full amount.

Thanks,

Carl

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.