1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

brother in laws lujtuc

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by SPACE GUN, Jul 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SPACE GUN

SPACE GUN Member

Awhile back I responsed to a thread asking about what to look for in purchasing a Lujtic. I mentioned in that thread that my brother in law had one he might want to sell. I have had 8 hits one the gun. so I talked with my brother in law and yes he wants to sell it. However he will only sell it face to face. He will be at the cardinal center Aug 17th thru 21st anyone wanting to see the gun e-mail me and I will send you what information I have and set you up with a phone number. Remember he will only sell it face to face .

2. luvtrapguns

luvtrapguns Well-Known Member

I guess people in Florida use money that does not spend in Ohio? Marc

3. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

Just a bit of advice, check fireams transfer laws before getting on the internet and blasting out a gun for sale. Without a FFL transfer, you can only sell to someone in your state. Not just anyone who shows up at the Cardinal Center.

4. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

Gary, is that in Ohio or is it a federal rule? I know that in CA you can't legally transfer a firearm without an FFL even if both parties are residents.

5. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

Rastoff - that is the federal standard. local laws can only add to the charges. Doesn't make sense to me but the BATF is not known as a thinking org. I live within 10 miles of 3 other states, yet I can only execute a private firearm purchase with other Delaware residents. But when you get on the internet, you gotta know that big brother is watching. I TRULY believe the feds would not be above setting up a sale on this Ljutic with an out of state buyer and then busting the seller.

6. xtj

xtj Guest

there will Be plenty of people with FFL'S at the cardinal that could handle such a transaction.

XTJ

7. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

The point that Gary W was making was to inform the seller of the law which was the correct thing to do. XJT is correct if out of state buyer then find a FFL on site and everything will be legal. We all are trying to help one another make a legal sale and avoid problems.

8. SPACE GUN

SPACE GUN Member

Thanks for all the advice on selling to an out of state buyer. I will tell my brother in law (the seller) but do you really think the feds are worried about a fellow selling a single barrel shot gun in Ohio? I don't but again I'm not selling or buying it but if I were a bill of sale is all I would care about! ak47 or m16 get a ffl dealer! Besides most of the interested parties have been from Ohio anyway.

9. Rebel Sympathy

Rebel Sympathy Well-Known Member

Well.... You have been provided with some good, correct advice regarding Federal Firearms Law. It is your choice to comply, or ignore.... Either way, I wish you success. Personally, I don't look good wearing striped suits.
    Mike

10. davidjayuden

davidjayuden Well-Known Member

Spacegun:
    What you need to realize is that those A**holes don't select cases for prosecution on the basis of the seriousness of the crime. They choose them soley on the basis of what cases can be won. And pity the poor SOB that they happen to have by the short ones.
    Take the good advise and don't let your in-law sell to anyone he doesn't know. There are probably FFL's at the shoot who will do a transfer for a small fee.
    dju

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.