1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Bronze Optimizer colored lenses

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by KF9VH, Jun 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KF9VH

KF9VH TS Member

Bronze Optimizer colored lenses have been recommended to me for daytime shooting and I was wondering what’s your opinion of that color?

Thanks

2. bas

bas Member

Colors work differently for each shooter, but bronze has always been my favorite (Lt Bronze) for most conditions. Of course, the background has a great deal to do with the color you use.

3. KF9VH

KF9VH TS Member

Thanks bas.

Where I shoot there are trees in the distance but occasionally the clay can get above the trees where it is sky. Very tricky at times. I am wondering what would be a good compromise considering my conditions.

4. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Assuming you shoot orange targets, to enhance the orange and mute the green background, I would expect something in the vermillion, purples or possibly Ranger CMT, to work for you. Try before you buy...

regards to all,

Jay

5. KF9VH

KF9VH TS Member

Thanks for the info.

6. chemist

chemist Member

I use a pair of prescription Ranger CMT with the biggest lens and at the club in north Jersey where we have trees and they work very well. They do distort colors but the orange targets are bright. On cloudy days, I use a pair of Costco scrip yellows to brighten the picture.

rich

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

optimizer color shooting lens