1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Broken soft touch

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Mdl1261, Mar 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mdl1261

Mdl1261 Member

I broke my soft-touch recoil system yesterday .The upper rod snapped at the threads for the rear comb post.Has anyone else had this problem? has anyone got a TM1 stock laying around with a recoil system on it ? Contact me at above address drop xx's Chuck

2. Mdl1261

Mdl1261 Member

Already sent them a email ....I couldnt believe it just snapped right at the post maybe too thin of metal or not hard enough

3. Mdl1261

Mdl1261 Member

Hard to say maybe two or three yrs old looks fairly new but how knows Chuck

4. rennerize

rennerize Active Member

Yes I have had this to happen to mine I fixed it and I can fix yours too. But call Shooters Emporium first to see what they will do.
    Don

5. SoTo

SoTo Active Member

Mr. D:

Yikes! We can definitely fix this for you. Those steel (or titanium) rods usually don’t break like that since both are pretty tough metals. We tend to see this type of breakage when the stock has been slammed on the ground to many times after a missed shot or something. And to have both rods snap at the same time is highly unusual.

We have a full one year warranty, but usually extend this time if the parts or services are faulty. Either way, we would like the chance to make the repairs here at our shop, as we can not just send you replacement parts. They need to be machined for your specific set up. Mr. Haley is correct, we will make it right for you.

See your email for more info.
    Beth - Shooters Emporium

6. Mdl1261

Mdl1261 Member

Naw I dont slam or drop it ..Im very careful of my shooting iron ..It just broke at the rear comb post/threads ...Only saw this once when a fellow shooter dropped from his hand and hit on the pad .. I took mine from my shoulder and heard a CLUNK on the ground looked down there was my pad/and soft touch "ouch"

7. B682GX

B682GX TS Member

Shooters Emporium honors their warranty.

8. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

I have bought some really old beatup guns with a Soft-Touch and never seen a rod broken . The Soft-Touch is a tuff unite

9. Mdl1261

Mdl1261 Member

Alf
    I never saw that myself either.Everyone has told me they make great stuff .I just cant see how or why it snapped.But Im going to box it up and send it.If its too much to fix.I'll start looking for another stock or have one made to my liking
    Chuck

10. roscoeparker

roscoeparker Member

I have had many softouch units and never had one break or act up, they are a very good unit and I feel the best one made, I am sure the factory will take care of this. Bill

11. rennerize

rennerize Active Member

When it happened to me I was at the NC state shoot and was 89 straight in doubles. I had to borrow a gun and missed 3 of the last eleven.
    Don

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.