1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

broken laptop sceen

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Tripod, May 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

Any one ever have a screen replaced? rocked the rocker over my new HP Pro Book 4540s and cracked the screen right on the top center.. big blue blob.

2. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

I've replaced hard drives, memory and wireless networking cards but not a screen. Tricky part of working on a laptop is parts are so small sometimes your fingers get in the way; some special tools might be required. If it's new would warranty be an option?

Gene in Illinois

3. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

I have had several replaced by individuals. Bought the replacement screens off ebay and then a friend changed them out. He said nothing to it. Since yours is new you may have a hard time finding the screen at a good price. Jackie B.

4. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Ebay usually has them- where guys have wacked the hard drive or mortherboard- you can buy a laptop and change the screen which hopefully does work to your computer or vice versa

Regards from Iowa

Gene

5. talbers

talbers Member

They are not too bad to replace. I have done a number of them and PC's are by far the easiest.

Here is a youtube link for replacing a screen on a 4530 just so you can get an idea of what is involved.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sv726SbdgJc

Doing a little bit of googling you should be able to pick up a screen around $60 + shipping.

Good luck!

Todd

6. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

Wow talbers. Thx for the link. If I ever need to replace a screen, I could do it. Visual instructions are so helpful.

Gene in Illinois

7. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

Thanks folks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.