1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Broken K80 ejector

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by tj303, Apr 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tj303

tj303 Member

An ejector broke on my K80 today. At the muzzle end where it has the machine cut notch. Has this happened to you? Is it something I can replace or does it need to be factory fitted? I will call Krieghoff Monday or Tuesday but was interested in other peoples experience. Thanks TJ

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Have the factory repair it. If gun is less than five years old it is covered under warranty. Just pay the labor. HMB

3. phirel

phirel TS Member

I have broken several over the 20 years I have shot my k-80. The part will be replaced free no matter how old the gun is or who owns the gun. They must be fitted and you pay for the labor ($40-$70). I would not recommend that you try to fit one unless you have a lot of experience with such things. It takes an experienced person an hour or so to do one.

Pat Ireland

4. ramorton

ramorton TS Supporters TS Supporters

If it is on the unsingle, take one out of the o/u barrels and see if it fits. That worked for me. Hope this helps, Roy

5. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Banned User Banned

Call Norbert at Krieghoff Intl', arrange with him to get your gun serviced. It might be time for an annual as well.

Put a note with the gun asking for reduced power ejector springs to be installed. The empty will still clear the gun, but will ease wear on affected parts.

I have shot upwards of a million rounds through various Krieghoffs, and about 1/4 million through the gun I have now. I have always specified reduced springs on a new one. I have never broken an ejector. If I bought one used, I called K.I. and had a set sent to me.

The reduced springs will eject an empty a little less than a foot if the breech is straight up, about two feet behind you in normal function.

6. tj303

tj303 Member

Thanks for the feed back. Time to make an appointment at Ottsville.

7. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Norbert is in Texas now

regards from Iowa

Gene

8. 1Ljutic1

1Ljutic1 TS Member

I myself have TIG welded quite a few over the years. Never for a K, but for a lot of other makes. Took about 15 minutes to weld, and about another 15 to file and fit. Just another option. Steve

9. k8027AA

k8027AA TS Member

Sorry but you must have it fitted. Just send them the old ejector and they can get it close. I had the same thing done for a friend.

Jennie Snyder is at Ottisville and will help you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.